The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

RSS feed to blog help

Zackkoss

affiliate
Hi again its me the complete and utter noob. Ok so Ive borke the bank trying to make sales with google adwords and need another technique. So I looked and I found this thing called rss to blog, but it costs 250 bucks so who in there right mind would by a info product that costs that much. So I was wondering If anybody new how to add rss feed to a blog and have it up date. Thanks.

Thats easy and FREE if you have a WordPress blog.
There are several free plugins that will do it depending on
what you are trying to accomplish.

At Affiliate Marketing Buzz http://www.affiliatemarketingbuzz.com
I used Wordpress and a free plugin that pulls numerous blogs and posts
the new entries from each as they are updated.

At the 5 Star blog I also use Wordpress but a different plugin for different
results. I have a separate page for each blog (wirtten by others) that I syndicate. So here's Shawns Affiliate Tip blog on a 5 Star blog page.
http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/affiliate-tip-blog/

Let me know which you want to do and I'll tell you the plugin.

rss to blog isn't an info product it's a software program.
I own in at use it sometimes to display my blog or forum headlines on
my static HTML pages. It makes it really easy to place different
feeds on different pages or even mix feeds.

Ok then, the plugin I use for the Buzz is called FeedWordPress.

Its free, easy to use once set up and well documented.
http://projects.radgeek.com/feedwordpress

There are however lots of other options. Google Wordpress Plugins and you'll find lots of other options too.
But that one is one of the best.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Im a little confused on how this hole thing works and how you get rss on a wordpress blog. But is there one for blogger. Thank you. Also with updating content from a rss feed will that get me on a search engine. Thank you again for any help.

Zackkoss

what are you trying to accomplish?

Are you trying to publish affiliate datafeeds to your blog using RSS feeds?

Ed

Ed, great question.

Zack what ARE you trying to do?
If you explain it we can help you better.

Dont share the product or market if you have found a hot niche.
Just say I am using WP or blogger or hwatever platform.
I want to be able to do XYZ

So many different ways to do things. Unless you are more specific
we'll just go round and round.

Sorry about that. Im using both blogger and WP. What im trying to accomplish is what rss to blog does. It puts updating rss feed on your blog. There for getting it on a search engine and getting it traffic. Correct. Ya thats pretty much what im want to do but the only reason im here is because I cant get a copy of rss to blog because of money, but none the less I would like to do it even if it requires a bit more work.

Zack

I don't think rss2blog puts a updating feed on your blog, my understanding it is using rss as a means to put data to a blog.

RSS feeds are available and some free tools will grab them automatically, one I know will take a RSS feed and add them to a html page like carp

I also know inside of wordpress you can add rss feeds for posting inside of wordpress this is free.

But again, you need a plan of action of what you want to accomplish with what kind of rss feeds. RSS feeds exist for many things.

Just adding rss feeds does not guarantee any listing in the search engine.

Just because you have a tool does not mean any results if the tool is not used correct.

RSS feeds is one means of adding content to a site but this alone in my experience does not work, you need to have so form of human value to the blog, so RSS2blog from what I see you write is not your answer.

Again we are back to what are looking to accomplish.

Ed

Well what im trying to accomplish exactly is get people to go to my blog and click on my links in my reviews. But I need traffic first right. So the human factor is there i will be posting once every couple of days.

Ok and lets say this. Lets say I have rss feeds or know were to get them how do I add them. O and there also related to each other so its not just random stuff. There all relating to the same subject.

Ok I finally think ive made sense of what I want. What I want to do is use rss feeds to add updating content to my blog. How would I do this.

I don't know how to do it myself. I pay someone to do it for me.
But people that arent super tech savvy add WP plugins all the time.
You need to read the directions over at the WP Codex and look up stuff or ask question in the WP forum if you get stuck.

Teli one of our mods or maybe Bobbie, another 5 Star mod, would help you for a fee if you want to pay someone to do it - that's if they have the time.

Zack

first you need to
upload the plug-in up to the server into a folder of wordpress called wp-content/plugins

You need to login into the admin control of wordpress

Activating the plugin is standard as anyother plug-in

Go to your admin in Wordpress click plugins and you will see the plug-in you just uploaded click it and it should either install or walk you through the process thats it.

Ed

Hi Zack,
Sorry that I'm late to the conversation, but I've read through all of the threads leading up to Ed's last one. Ed is right on the money on how to install WordPress plugins, but if you need more detailed instruction, you can read the entire set of instructions at the WordPress Codex: Plugin Installation page.

In order to install a plugin, you need and must have a basic understanding of how to use an FTP client. If you're on Windows, FileZilla is a very good one.

Now, I'd like to address your RSS syndication issues. Please be careful because you may be infringing on another person's copyright. By syndicating someone else's blog feed for your own website/personal gain, without their permission first, you are effectively stealing from them and it could land you in hot water. There has been much discussion and debate about it, but it always comes back down to copyright.

Here are some tips to help you stay out of the hot water, but please note that I am not a lawyer (nor do I play one on T.V.):
  • Check the blog's copyright policy before syndicating their feed. (It's usually down at the bottom of the website.) If it says all rights reserved or copyright, don't use the feed.
  • If you know the blogger, and they have a copyright, approach the blogger, tell her about your project and ask politely if you may use her feed.
  • Only use excerpts. Some bloggers may provide full feeds, and you may be tempted to syndicate the entire post -- avoid that. It took them time to write that post, respect that and send some traffic their way.
  • Provide valid and working contact details, so if a blogger who's feed you're using contacts you, you can pull the feed down right away and remove the content. In some cases, if the blogger cannot get ahold of you, she will get ahold of your webhost and your entire site may come down. (If it's Blogger, then Google will just delete the blog.)
  • Be fair and courteous, and always remember that when you use someone else's blog feed, they are helping you, not the other way around.

So many sales letters promise you the sun, moon, and stars, but fail to tell you there are very real consequences to their techniques.

Linda has set up her Affiliate Marketing Buzz blog in a great way -- follow her example. People know that it aggregates content from various sources, she has contact details up, and she keeps the blog looking good and keeps the advertising low key and to a minimum.

As for the tools that can accomplish what RSS2B does, first you must consider that RSS2B has a number of features. If it's simple RSS syndication you want, Linda and Ed has already provided some excellent plugins. There really isn't a free tool for Blogger, so you may end up needing to fork over some cash if you really wish to have the content updated with RSS.

Hope I've helped.

~ Teli

Thanks for weighing in Teli.
I was hoping we would get your words of wisdom on this one!

BTW I could SWEAR someone told me that you
used to play a lawyer on TV!

I'll nip that lil rumor in the bud next time I see it floating around cyberspace! :p

banners
Back