The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Retrogarden.co.uk

rhyswynne

affiliate
Right, I have been playing around too much with it, so I'm going to do a soft launch.

You may remember that I ran a rather big competition on the board for a new site logo. Well - here it is:

Retro Garden

Please let me know what you think, even if you're not really interested in the subject matter :)

(btw: the catagories are for games + consoles I have reviewed, sure to add things like Megadrive games soon :))

Three questions:

- What do you think of the design?
- Ideas for monetization (only got links to ebay on the Review Pages)
- Ideas for promotion (got one when I'm fully in the groove)

- I think the design is very neat and tidy.
- Don't particularly know how to monetize this niche
- You are adept at promoting sites, you should not have problems with that :) the usual stuff, 3 way link exchange, review at forums and blogs, invite those who like the site to link to it and so forth.

Three questions:

- What do you think of the design?
- Ideas for monetization (only got links to ebay on the Review Pages)
- Ideas for promotion (got one when I'm fully in the groove)

Thanks for that :)

I'm going to try and sell banner links. May actually invest money in advertising the site. Got a competition coming soon to try and promote it :)

Want to try and avoid text links if possible, want to try and keep it clean and relatively relevant. I'd love to make a fortune from affiliate marketing from the site, but doubt it'll happen tbh.

If you use ebay then you could. You could also add a small buy and sell sectionusing an auction script, and take a small cut off that. How much do you hope to make from it? I am happy for each of my sites to make me £100 a month, once I get above that, I tend to move on to the next project.

Can I just say something though and PLEASE don't take offence, but you appear to have gone about things arse backwards :( The best and most profitable way to make money is to come up with as many ideas as possible, research them for competition and potential (and sub niches), look at monetisation (possible revenue), then build the most profitable first. Building a site then wondering about the best way to monetise it is nuts IMO LOL

Auction script? Like something that interfaces ebay like a mini-B.A.N.S. or something run through my site?

It's more of a hobby that I hope to make money out of, rather than anything serious. I've always been fascinated with retro games and retro gaming, and I probably would blog about it without chance of income. But if I could make a few quid off it (£100/month would be LOVELY), I'd be happy :)

MI
Back