The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Removing social buttons increases conversion.

Yes I did see this, quite a fascinating finding to be honest. Just shows that we need to create 1 goal and build with it in mind, thinking of what we want the visitor to do and not what we feel is best!

As K mentioned VWO is an invaluable tool.

They tested an eCommerce Site to arrive at their conclusions. It would be interesting to see other types of sites tested. For example, would a social marketing blog by say Jon Loomer benefit in the same way?

We use social media sharing buttons to legitimize our products/services. This is super interesting. Makes ya think twice...

Social sharing buttons really do come in the way if you need conversions on your site. People have short attention spans and will not click on your call to action if you expect them to share your page.

Social sharing buttons really do come in the way if you need conversions on your site. People have short attention spans and will not click on your call to action if you expect them to share your page.

True.
There are many case studies where having many social buttons also affect the clicks on them.
If people just share on tweeter and Facebook, don't put stumbleupon, pinterest, instagram, google+, etc as an option.

If you just need an email address, don't ask them for their names and zip codes... etc.

Better focus on 1 thing at a time.

Huh! This surprised me but I can understand the logic behind it, especially if it has negative social proof or interferes with call-to-action clicks.

Huh! This surprised me but I can understand the logic behind it, especially if it has negative social proof or interferes with call-to-action clicks.

If you want someone to perform a direct action, for example "A click through", eliminating EVERYTHING else is majorly important.

When we build landing pages for clients we remove all the baggage - the user is there for one purpose only.

No external links, detractions, terms are in a pop out so they don't leave the page!

Wow, what an eye opener!

I'm fairly new to this game and I've been under the impression that there should be options for your visitors because not one visitor is the same as the next. However, after reading the article, the logic makes more sense than adding more related options..?

Stripped page, highly targeted content, an image or two and contextual links. Any suggestions or additions perhaps?

Thanks
James

Last edited:
Wow, what an eye opener!

I'm fairly new to this game and I've been under the impression that there should be options for your visitors because not one visitor is the same as the next. However, after reading the article, the logic makes more sense than adding more related options..?

Stripped page, highly targeted content, an image or two and contextual links. Any suggestions or additions perhaps?

Thanks
James

Strong call to actions, use of arrows and check points to literally walk people through.

Imagine your page as a blank canvas, then imagine someone who's never been to your site - build a page that walks them through it.

K, Thanks for the road-map. it's greatly appreciated!!

Also, I'm thinking about joining the dojo, but I'm a bit nervous about spending the money - I'm done wasting money on junk software and courses... Anyone feelin' me on this??

Anyhow, and just to clarify, I'm not a complete newbie - I've made money with ePN (payouts are weak since last year when those guys got popped for manipulating the system.), but I'd really like to learn more about "CPA Network" affiliate marketing - strategies, page layouts and how to better target your markets etc. Are there any in depth subjects as those in the Dojo?

Anyhow, thanks for listening.

James

True.
There are many case studies where having many social buttons also affect the clicks on them.
If people just share on tweeter and Facebook, don't put stumbleupon, pinterest, instagram, google+, etc as an option.

If you just need an email address, don't ask them for their names and zip codes... etc.

Better focus on 1 thing at a time.

I agree, just add social networks that most people use, such as Facebook and Twitter.

banners
Back