The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Registering a suspended UK domain

P

pwaring

I've found a .co.uk domain that has its renewal date as late March this year and it doesn't appear to have been renewed. For some time it's been showing up in the WHOIS as:

Code:
Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

Does anyone know how long it takes for .uk domains to become available again? Nominet's site seems to be a bit vague compared with .com/.net/.org where there is a fixed timeline for domains being dropped. Also, if I want to get hold of this domain before anyone else does, can anyone recommend any companies that provide this sort of service? I'm not looking to register lots of expired domains, just this one in particular, so ideally I'd like a service that gives me a full refund if they don't manage to register it for me.

It usually takes between 2-3 months, Nominet usually release such domains in the middle of the nigh I do not know any company that accepts .uk backorders so you just have to keep trying.

Another thing you can do is to contact the current registrar and express your interest to register the domain should the current owner not renew it, current registrar are usually given notice of the domains deletion date. By current registrar I mean the Nominet agent the owner registered the domain via.

banners
Back