The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Reducing Word Press Spam

temi

affiliate
I am getting lots of spam comments in my Word press blogs site , any suggestions as to how I can reduce if not eliminate this spam. I am currently doing it this by manually deleting Spam comments, it there an easier way?

Thanks

Hi Temi, I just went through this a couple weeks ago as I was about to pull my hair out with all the spam I was getting. I tried a couple different methods and they didn't work, it was getting out of control but I found a solution that has kicked the problem in the butt.

Get Spam-Karma: http://unknowngenius.com/blog/wordpress/spam-karma/

Try that for a couple of days and let me know what you think!

On one of my sites I had soo much spam in my blog I just deceided to disable the comments section. The spam was relentless and the ffort I was putting into deleting it was more than the real comments were worth to me.

I think the person who invented spam bots should be tortured and then shot :D

I know what you mean Andy, if you use word press, I recommend Pen's solution, it has worked for me so far. Comment section of a blog can be very interesting

I love my readers and appreciate their comments, there was no other solution for me then to moderate each comment manually until I found this. It's been awesome, I'm so glad because it worked way better then the other plugins I tried!

I completely agree with you Pen,
Another think I particular like about it is that it send you a summary of all the comments spam and genuine and save you loads of notification that you will normally receive for each comments.
Its very nice.

MI
Back