The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Quit Looking For "Tricks" And Shortcuts, And Build Your Own Business Instead...

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
Look, if you can't start an affiliate business without the need for immediate cash gratification... I'm going to say something you might not want to hear:

Don't start an affiliate business (or any type of business for that matter).

As I look through some of the posts here on this forum, I'm seeing an increasing trend towards "can I copy and paste stuff from here and put it on my site?" or "isn't there a quick way to make money as an affiliate?" types of posts.

If you have this mindset, the "short cut" mindset, you might benefit in the very short term... but in the long term you will NOT succeed.

People are seeing right through these types of tactics... they are looking for the value you can provide above and beyond the "copy and paste" garbage that is littering the Internet.

So instead...

Build your own business... with your own content... and your own assets.

Let everyone else make the "quick buck" and fail miserably. :cool:

thank you im new to this site but not new to the affiliate status. let me show you what a real website does. markets great product no multiple hoplinks, no misdirection just product that are at the top of their respected niche.

Look, if you can't start an affiliate business without the need for immediate cash gratification... I'm going to say something you might not want to hear:

Don't start an affiliate business (or any type of business for that matter).

[snip]

Wise words! It never fails to amaze me that so many new arrivals online get sucked in by the promises of instant riches.

Were on earth do new people develop that belief from? Because it denies all logic!

Look, if it was quick and easy everyone online would be lying on a tropical beach somewhere, cold drink in one hand and an eye on the iPad watching the commission notifications roll in.

Now I've done exactly that but it wasn't quick, and it wasn't easy
. It took me over a year of effort and learning to be able to drop my brick and mortar businesses and retire to the comfort of my home office.

I see from my coaching clients two prevalent weaknesses that I have to drive out of them:

1) Unrealistic expectations of easy riches. The tendency to be attracted to the 'bright shiny objects' pervading the internet.

2) An unwillingness to invest in their education and the essential tools they must have to succeed.

When you decide to make money online you are starting a business, and being in business requires you to act like a business person - to invest, to find a mentor, to commit, to never give up, to fall down time and time again but to get up, brush yourself off, and move forward again.

No, it's not easy but, wow, are the lifestyle rewards for your persistence and effort worth it! Freedom my friends is priceless.

Excellent post Joseph.

Here's what I think part of the problem is.

People tend to believe what they want to believe. They truly want to believe that making money online is easy. And why wouldn't you want to believe that. The problem comes when their hopes and dreams butt heads with reality.

This desire for easy money is the exact same impulse that the infomercial millionares have been tapping into for the past 50 years or so. There is just a different medium involved now, the internet.

What's funny is that one of these folks, actually led me into internet marketing.

Strange how things work.

But, I am not following his "blueprint for success."

I have my own blueprint.

We must all have our own blueprint.

Hay Guys,

Yeah I have to agree with this. There are no real short cuts to riches online. It takes time, dedication and ability to learn from your mistakes (or the mistakes of others).

For me, I have to be honest and say that when I initially started - YES I was looking for the quick rich plan. But that was over 7 years ago, and I quickly learnt that it dose take time.

Taking bits and pieces from different "blueprints" & "Plans" and combining them into a system that works for YOU. Thats the key I thinks. Learn and listen to those that have done it before - But just be careful that there not just looking for you buck too...

Taking bits and pieces from different "blueprints" & "Plans" and combining them into a system that works for YOU. Thats the key I thinks.

This is by no means "wrong"... but I want to challenge your thinking here Webreviews...

...why not just create your own blueprint littered with the scars of failure and success? Isn't that more valuable?

And...

Are you sure all of the blueprints and plans out there are right for you? Even pieces of them? Even if you THINK they are right for you?

Just a few thoughts. ;)

Too true... I'm amazed at how much much people are willing to spend on WSOs and training looking for that magic bullet. Do it the right way people!!

Look, if it was quick and easy everyone online would be lying on a tropical beach somewhere, cold drink in one hand and an eye on the iPad watching the commission notifications roll in.

Definite words to live by! I've actually heard people say that they got into the wrong line of business when making money online is so easy nowadays. They figure you just post a site, throw some affiliate links on there and traffic comes barreling through the door. They don't even think about the hundreds of thousands of sites and the hours upon hours of backlinking and SEO work that goes into making your affiliate site stand out.

MI
Back