Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Quick Question re CPC Banner Ad

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
Hi, Guys:

I think this may be just a quick question/answer.

I've been running a direct link game banner on 7Search's display network. It has had over 1700 impressions, 1 click and no conversions. Is it time to pull the plug on that offer? I've used assorted banners for the campaign, though they all look pretty much the same.

Thanks!
Shirley

Last edited:
Guess what I'm really asking is ... when is it wise to consider a campaign's viability? What would be the typical impression to click ratio be before it's logical to pull a campaign?

Have you been using partner blocking and day parting? Are you running several different campaigns for the same offer? Have you split test banners?

Have you been using partner blocking and day parting? Are you running several different campaigns for the same offer? Have you split test banners?

I've no idea really, what day parting is. Something like split shifts?

I haven't blocked any sites because I don't know which ones to block as only one site has resulted in a click.

I've used all the banners available pretty much, per campaign. One of the advertisers states that you must use their creatives.

I've no idea really, what day parting is. Something like split shifts?

I haven't blocked any sites because I don't know which ones to block as only one site has resulted in a click.

I've used all the banners available pretty much, per campaign. One of the advertisers states that you must use their creatives.

Once you have run traffic on a campaign for a period long enough to acquire sufficient data, you will be able to identify which time of the day are producing for that particular campaign and who is sending you the traffic that converts.

Day-parting allows you to have your campaigns run during the specific times that are producing well. Partner blocking allows you to block the websites and partners that are sending you bad or non-converting traffic.

Great description TJ,

i like to use bevomedia affportal to automate this process. Auto optimize my landing pages and affiliate offers I'm rotating. Which is based on time of day, geo location and much more..

Here's a better description of Its features.
The CPA Optimizer
The CPAOptimizer is a proprietary system that allows networks performance to speak for itself. No more wasting money on offers going down in the middle of the night, or offers that scrub during a specify time of day.

The Optimizer technology is an optional feature that automatically finds the best landing page, offer or both for each given impression of your campaign. This technology is comprised of a number of different factors, some of the bigger variables being: Landing Page EPC, Offer EPC, Click Through rate, time on site, historical performance, geo location, day, time, and the industry top offers.

But I don't think it will work if you are just running one affiliate link.

Good luck!

Last edited:
banners
Back