The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Question Regarding iFrame Tool

ChrisM

Good day to the Dojo members. I was looking at the AffKit tools and came across the iframe tool. I wanted to know if anyone is using it and if so is it acceptable to be used by the CPA networks? Can you get banned using it?

I don't see why cpa network can't use it. You shouldn't get banned because of it, if you refer to Facebook, they ban almost all affiliates.

Ok Crysper thanks for the response. So as an example if it is stated in the networks offer campaign details then you cannot use:
Restrictions: No adult traffic, gambling sites, forum posting. No iframing the campaigns. Cannot say win, winner, won, contest, prize, claim, test & keep, you’ve been selected, free, etc. Cannot run on “freebie sites” or sites dedicated to aggregating links to free gifts, surveys, or free samples.

Then I will not use, correct?

Thanks crysper for the clarification. I was unaware of that tool and have already instituted it. The possibilities are huge.

Chris and crysper, I apologize, but I'm trying to make sure I understand. I am not familiar with iFraming. Do I understand correctly that this tool allows you to put direct links (if that's what you want to do) into sites like Facebook and YouTube? And that unless it explicitly states as such that you can use it that way? Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris and crysper, I apologize, but I'm trying to make sure I understand. I am not familiar with iFraming. Do I understand correctly that this tool allows you to put direct links (if that's what you want to do) into sites like Facebook and YouTube? And that unless it explicitly states as such that you can use it that way? Thanks in advance for any help.

No, iframing(the term for affiliates) means that you can buy your own domain like www. myaffiliateofferpage.com and instead putting your own content(like landing page) to that domain, you can show other's content there, usually an offer.

So if the offer landing page(where people sign up and you get the conversions) has the url www. offer.com with iframing you can use your own domain(www. myaffiliateofferpage.com) to show the people the same content.

Normally you could send people by direct linking to www. offer.com but since some traffic sources has some restrictions about affiliate offers, you can use iframing to overcome this, it will look like you own that offer.

Last edited:
OK, forgive my ignorance here, but is this any different than domain forwarding? If so, could you explain? Thanks for your help.

OK, forgive my ignorance here, but is this any different than domain forwarding? If so, could you explain? Thanks for your help.

It looks like domain forwarding with url masking, if you know how to forward the domain name to the offer should work, but what happens if you have more than one offers for that domain you bought? You may test 10s of offers and is not effective to buy a new domain and create a redirect for each. Instead you use an iframe page for each offer and that's it.

banners
Back