The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Question on setting up 7Search campaign

benteo

affiliate
Hi,

Am trying to create my first campaign with 7Search.

I have added in the default destination URL.

However, when I clicked on the "test this URL" function, I am brought to a site which is not mine.

Am I missing out some things here?

Advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Are you direct linking to a site you own? Or are you direct linking to an offer? Are you using a link created by a tracker?

You need to check the offer and see if it is allowed where you are. You can always check it with a proxy.

Hi tjtutor and K,

Yes, seems to working fine after using a proxy.

However, I have another question now...

I placed my bid similar to the smart bid. However, I noticed the smart bid will be increased immediately after I updated my bid to the previous smart bid. And this always happen.

Is this the correct behavior?

Yeah view it with a proxy and you should be good.

Remember that the Smart Bid is created by the system and can change based on a number of factors including competing bids, time of day, and of course remember that they want you to pay as much as possible for your bids. I always pay attention to the Smart Bids, but I look at my ad position to determine my bids.

Remember that the Smart Bid is created by the system and can change based on a number of factors including competing bids, time of day, and of course remember that they want you to pay as much as possible for your bids. I always pay attention to the Smart Bids, but I look at my ad position to determine my bids.

Agree with you 100%! The SmartBid is an excellent starting point for diving in and getting good network exposure right off the bat, but you will ultimately need to pay attention to your Average Rank column to really get your feet wet. A good rule of thumb is to first bid the amount you are comfortable with paying per keyword, then adjust based off traffic volume received and average rank positioning.

banners
Back