Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question About Website

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
Hi:

I am getting ready to set up my first WP website and plan to use it to offer free samples/trials/etc.

What I'm trying to figure out is if I can put all offers on the site, categorized by country, or is it better to have multiple sites, one for each country that I'm promoting offers to?

I'm hoping everything can go onto one but want to ask to make sure I do it right the first time.

Thanks.
Shirley

Hi:

I am getting ready to set up my first WP website and plan to use it to offer free samples/trials/etc.

What I'm trying to figure out is if I can put all offers on the site, categorized by country, or is it better to have multiple sites, one for each country that I'm promoting offers to?

I'm hoping everything can go onto one but want to ask to make sure I do it right the first time.

Thanks.
Shirley
It is batter to categorized by type.
If you need any help about wordpress you can ask me.

Hey, it depends how you will be displaying and marketing the offers? blog posts, ads, text link, gateways?

It is batter to categorized by type.
If you need any help about wordpress you can ask me.

Categorize by type then mention which countries it's for when someone clicks on an offer page? Say someone clicks on a category and then a specific post which is a description of the offer. Is that where I outline the countries?

Thanks for your offer to help with WP! I may need it. :)

Hey, it depends how you will be displaying and marketing the offers? blog posts, ads, text link, gateways?

Well, it won't be gateways I guess, as I have no idea what they are. :( Hope they aren't crucial to my cpa knowledge right now.

What I was thinking was to do a descriptive post of each offer, as well as the odd non-offer post that discusses free trial offers, etc. What to be careful of, benefits, product reviews, maybe things you can do with the free offers such as a recipe that includes a food sample, stuff like that. I want the site to have a sharesy feel, like sitting at the kitchen table swapping coupons kind of thing, as I believe most offers that I've been looking at will appeal to women.

I've done some keyword research, still haven't figured out a great name for the site yet, though. I'm still really in the very beginning stages. What I have done is sat down and written out which resources and beginning marketing techniques I want to use, along with site navigation and posting ideas.

Re directing people to offers, I was going to mix it up - text linking within each offer post, as well as email capture for people to be notified when a new offer is added. Figured that way, if someone doesn't want to part with their email addy, they still have a chance to take advantage of the offer. Is that a good or bad idea?

Of course, if the offer doesn't allow text links, it will just be banners or display in the sidebar. Although, I'm still not 100% sure of the difference between banner and display. I think display (in the way I plan to use it, anyway) is words on a picture that links to an offer? Kinda like a banner but different and bigger?

Pop it in to categories by type, maybe even countries. Then people can find and filter offers by clicking on a country and/or the type of offer.

Pop it in to categories by type, maybe even countries. Then people can find and filter offers by clicking on a country and/or the type of offer.

I was hoping to hear that. :) I'd like to keep everything in one place, much easier for my brain to deal with.

Thanks, Andy!

I was hoping to hear that. :) I'd like to keep everything in one place, much easier for my brain to deal with.

Thanks, Andy!

No worries! It's one of those things where you're going to have to test things anyway but there is no reason why you can't work it in one place.

If you are keeping it in one place work on getting some email opt in pops to fire on the individual categories or in the sidebar for the categories, send them to a list, carry on marketing to them off the backend for their specified category etc.

No worries! It's one of those things where you're going to have to test things anyway but there is no reason why you can't work it in one place.

If you are keeping it in one place work on getting some email opt in pops to fire on the individual categories or in the sidebar for the categories, send them to a list, carry on marketing to them off the backend for their specified category etc.

Funny, I was just thinking a while ago about how to segregate countries and offers where signups were concerned. This answers that question, thanks once again, Andy!

Now, I just have to figure out how to do that. :) All part of the fun learning curve.

MI
Back