The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Question about Keywords, Domain and Websites

chriscxmpo

affiliate
Hi guys,

Just a newbie question. I am currently looking for a good keyword that I could start with SEO. But I have a lot of parked questions in mind. I hope you could help me with this.

1. Keywords - I use Jaaxy looking for my keyword (trial version). Do you recommend any good keyword tool exactly like Jaaxy that is free or cheap? I am looking for something that has:

Monthly searches
Traffic
- Visits to your website to rank first page.
QSR - Keyword Competitors
KQI - Keyword quality indicator. RED for low, YELLOW is okay, GREEN is high
SEO - Score based (0-100). The higher the number, the more likely you will rank on the first page.
Domains - Availability of the domain that is related to the keyword.

2. Domains - After you find a good keyword, do you revolve around the domain name on that keyword? For example, the keyword is 'best toddler car seat'. Will it make your domain 'besttoddlercarseat.com'? OR do you make a website/blog/brand like 'babyquestions.com' with an article of 'best toddler car seat'? and rank that with SEO?

I hope I explained it right.

3. Websites - This question is very similar to the second one. But I just want to be clear with it because I don't have that enough budget to make a domain for every article (which is obviously a very shameful/funny thing). Do you make a brand website then make articles/blog with good keywords with it?

I'm newbie to SEO matters, but when I try to find some good words to write an article I use Google Trends. It's easy to find which words have highest searching requests.

No, not in my site. I worked time ago with some affiliate programs, but with no good results.

SEO as a primary source of traffic for affiliate sales is a long and arduous journey. SEO is for content and brand sites, not for affiliate sites and landing pages. First of all, as soon as the SE's algo's identify your site as primarily an affiliate site, they'll identify the site as not relevant and not valuable or deserving of their rankings. Second of all, and this is a big reason not to depend on SEO for affiliate sites and landing pages, you cannot use SEO to drive sufficient traffic to a funnel site or landing page (especially). Most important of all, you cannot properly track and you cannot properly target the visitors to your affiliate sites or landing pages. It will take you six months to a year to start getting any real action, and before that happens you will have given up.

Content sites with high value content and subject relevance that are updated at least a couple of times a week can benefit from SEO, but only as a secondary and usually as a tertiary traffic source.

As for keyword research, it's important to use more than one tool. Seek out MOZ, Google Trends, Google Keyword Planner, SEMRush, Longtail Pro, SpyFu, and hosts of others. Spend a few dollars and get something good. This is a businss, treat it as such and make some investments.

banners
Back