The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

[Q]Remote affiliate manager postion...

Dario

This is a question for people who are working remotely as affiliate managers or someone else who knows the answer.

Let`s say I am located in Europe and I got an offer from famous US based network to work there as an affiliate manager. (that is just an example) That network offers following benefits:
salary, commissions, we assist with health coverage (here in the states, not sure what you'd need), travel to tradeshows to meet clients

My question: As I already told you, I am in Europe and the company is US based. Do I need some kinds of document to legally work for US based company(remote position)?

I mean If I want to travel to USA to attend conferences, still I will need a visa. But why would USA give me a visa If they do not have a valid reason for it.
+
From the salary I will have to pay my health coverage + 25% taxes, health coverage because the company offers me health coverage in USA.

Anybody from Europe has experience with this?

This is a question for people who are working remotely as affiliate managers or someone else who knows the answer.

Let`s say I am located in Europe and I got an offer from famous US based network to work there as an affiliate manager. (that is just an example) That network offers following benefits:
salary, commissions, we assist with health coverage (here in the states, not sure what you'd need), travel to tradeshows to meet clients

My question: As I already told you, I am in Europe and the company is US based. Do I need some kinds of document to legally work for US based company(remote position)?

I mean If I want to travel to USA to attend conferences, still I will need a visa. But why would USA give me a visa If they do not have a valid reason for it.
+
From the salary I will have to pay my health coverage + 25% taxes, health coverage because the company offers me health coverage in USA.

Anybody from Europe has experience with this?

A work VISA may be all you need to get things in order.

You can go through a middle company like elance, odesk they will take the cut or you can have you company make a contract with their company I did this a few times with my contractors as well. As for working with direct employment I'm not sure but I know they need like i-9 form and you can look it up on the next but in general you need like a passport, SSN + green card or some combination, but not sure what apples if you are remote. You might check from tax perspective might be good to ask around you might want your company, but I'm not sure. Good luck.

I could be wrong though but they might not go all the hassles while they can just pay less to someone from other country thus without tradeshows to attend, health coverage and taxes.

I'm not sure I got your question. But if you work remotely for USA company that does not mean you work in USA.
Same goes with health insurance, You can not take health insurance if you do not live in USA, I even doubt you can get USA insurance if you are not USA citizen or not actually live there... About taxes: As usual there is two kind of taxes you pay with your salary. I really do not know how it is called in USA, but to keep it simple One tax is your tax, it is called "Income Tax" at least in my country. And second tax is Social Tax what include some % from company and some % from your salary.

At the end I see only one and best way, you have to work for that company as freelancer and nothing more, and you have to pay taxes in country you live in. I think this is only way you can work for USA company remotely. Therefore you do not need any work Visas and such...

And if you talk about those conferences, then it is easy, company where you work can invite you to USA for a week or so. It even do not need to be work traveling.

Exactly my point. A company that tries to outsource are those that attempt cost cutting and so while they can hire someone who can come up with same result for less, they'd do it. If they could pay someone from India or China.

Exactly my point. A company that tries to outsource are those that attempt cost cutting and so while they can hire someone who can come up with same result for less, they'd do it. If they could pay someone from India or China.

I am talking here about the company with strong financial background and reputation. That is necessary to travel with them to conferences so I am not sure how would be someone from India or China less expensive, they still have to travel few times a year to US or European conferences. All employees are US based right now, but they had an affiliate manager from India on commission basis only(who didn`t last long). It`s difficult to find quality affiliates from countries you mentioned, so try to find someone who will manage properly your affiliates.

banners
Back