The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Pulling Hair Out - Help Linda with CSS

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Hi Guys,

I am literally driving myself nuts so need some 2nd opinions.

I have changes the colors and played with the CSS on this new Word Press site until I'm blue in the face. Its especially bad because I don't know what I'm doing and keep messing up the template. Seriously I'm ready to just go crazy. I'm so nit picky then I change one thing in the CSS then it's like a domino effect and I need to tweak everything else to match. Then I get it almost right and decide I need to change the colors and do it all over again.

Started with Blue and Green - Now I'm with Blue and Orange.

Lots of little things still bother me about
font styles and colors and hovers - OH MY!

I've wasted 2 days just tweaking the stupid CSS.
I'm obsessed and cant get anything else done.
I don't have time for this!

What do you think???
http://www.affiliatemarketingbuzz.com/

Hehe Linda,
Now you're starting to sound like me ROFL.

First impressions? I like that it doesn't look like another WP blog and looks more like a news portal (I believe that's what you were going for, right?).

The colors are also nice, though I'm not a huge fan of orange (personal preference).

So I'm not mistaken, you're aggregating headlines/excerpts from the top affiliate sources, correct? Nice idea and definitely nice to have it all in one place instead of having the extra feeds in my reader. :)

~ Teli

Thanks Teli.

OK now I'm FREAKING and only Teli can help me.

My about page keeps pulling things from nowhere!
I have no idea where this post came from.

http://www.affiliatemarketingbuzz.com/about/

What my about page is SUPPOSED TO SAY IS...
Affiliate Marketing Buzz is a news aggregation site for top affiliate marketing blogs, news and commentary. Contact us if you would like your affiliate blog to be considered for inclusion.

Yesterday my about page said something totally different and there were links to digg and delish and stuff. Now today its a different post and those links are not there.

I have not TOUCHED the page layout or altered the files.
Is my WP possessed???

Hmmm, that is strange.

I don't think your WP is possessed, but I do think there may be something wrong with your aggregation script.

If you like, feel free to PM me with the blog details and I'll have a look around for you if you want.

~ Teli

Thanks so much for the offer Teli. I was obsessesd and had to figure it out myself. You're right my WP was not possessed. My template was! :p

After reading the template designers blog I discovered it was a bug in one of the sidebar widgets. As soon as I removed the "recent posts" sidebar widget my about page came back.

Yeah Linda!!!

Yeah Linda!!!
I KNEW you could figure it out!!!

Isn't it fun learning and being SO frustrated?! :eek:
Well, good on you for keeping at it and keeping yourself calm ... hehehe.

Yep I almost gave up and had my designer figure it out but I was obsessed.

Thanks for your offer of help too Bobbie. Was great talking to you on the phone again. We always have great brainstorming sessions. :)

Hey Teli, Bobbie and all,

Ended up going back to the Blue and Green - dropped the Orange.
Better Teli?

I added a bunch more feeds and guess what? The site is doing what it's supposed to do and helping even me with affiliate news! Even though I have all the main blogs in my blog reader, today I was looking for CJU news to blog about and I found the good stuff easier on the BUZZ than I did sifting through all my feeds. :p

I'm sick of tweaking it out so am about done with this round of changes and ready to launch the beta and start promoting this baby.

Any other feedback before I start BUZZING this new site???

Affiliate Marketing Buzz - Your Source for the Latest Affiliate News

Thanks,

Hey Linda,
I do prefer this color scheme over the old one, though I have a bit of bad news...the about page doesn't layout properly in Firefox. The side columns actually lay below the content.

~ Teli

Linda, it is possible this is the way you want it to look in the "About." But I found it was the same as Teli said in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Netscape and Opera.

Yep I know. That's the only way I could get the About page to display when using that sidbar widget. I'd only looked at it in FF. EWWWW in IE6 the about part of the page is actually too wide. Ive been tweaking stuff in the layout that I don't even know what it is. I just change numbers til I get what I want but often forget to check in IE. Shoot. I thought I was close.

Also in IE the graphic doesn't blend in the way it does in FF.

Well I'm close but not there yet. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Buzz in Beta

I'm running Foxfire 1.0.6 and both pages actually came up for me fine ... in fact, better than in IE 6.0.2. In IE the About page has a width parameter for some table that is pushing the page to go too wide. I'm guessing it's a table around the about info? Although that looks like a div. I can't tell from the code that it writes on the fly. Must be in your css Linda.

How many characters are in the search field? That could be it too.

banners
Back