The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Protect your advert

scroogefrog

Service Manager
Service Manager
ScroogeFrog
How do you protect your PPC advert from bots and fraud?
And also is this (bots and fraud) a popular problem in Affilate Marketing in your country?

I don't know about my country specifically but I've read that many people do have an issue with it.

Some trackers give you the option of blocking bots.

I don't know about my country specifically but I've read that many people do have an issue with it.

Some trackers give you the option of blocking bots.

Thanks for your answer! But maybe you know some popular systems , except * clickcease * .
May be you using some of them?

Yes, here you're exactly right! Frauds, bots and other's flooded it completely:confused:

A simple bot checking script will suffice for most.

Make a landing page that redirects the visitor in just 2-300ms, any human wouldn't notice and would simply be redirected, bots however would not. Then you can check the CTR, example:

100 visitors from 1 placement: 60% ctr = 60 human visits and 40 bot visits.

I tend to block those that have very low ctr, but keep in mind that those human visits might be the most quality visitors ever, so it's really up to you, but if your budget is low, I'd suggest you block placements with lower than 50%

A simple bot checking script will suffice for most.

Make a landing page that redirects the visitor in just 2-300ms, any human wouldn't notice and would simply be redirected, bots however would not. Then you can check the CTR, example:

100 visitors from 1 placement: 60% ctr = 60 human visits and 40 bot visits.

I tend to block those that have very low ctr, but keep in mind that those human visits might be the most quality visitors ever, so it's really up to you, but if your budget is low, I'd suggest you block placements with lower than 50%
This is interesting technics we use something little similar at our service. We set up the offer output into an iframe on a secure domain/subdomain so this allowing them to connect it to system modules.
Thanks, for your detailed answer!

I sell cars in Poland. I also had big problems with fraud last 2 months.
I don't know if it is only in Poland or in all of the world.
Either way, you've mentioned clickcease, I use their service myself and I find it very useful in detecting and blocking fraud.

Sorry for bad English.

Yeah I had issues with bots here in the US using Bing. I did alot of research and turns out its competitors using bots targeting certain keywords. So say you bid on one of these trigger keywords you get flooded with bots trying to suck your campaign budget dry. At first I thought it was on Bings end but none of clicks would show in their interface just in my tracker. All clicks were coming from the same Network ID scheme. It just wasn't one or two it was hundreds of clicks. I eventually had to kill the campaign.

Yeah I had issues with bots here in the US using Bing. I did alot of research and turns out its competitors using bots targeting certain keywords. So say you bid on one of these trigger keywords you get flooded with bots trying to suck your campaign budget dry. At first I thought it was on Bings end but none of clicks would show in their interface just in my tracker. All clicks were coming from the same Network ID scheme. It just wasn't one or two it was hundreds of clicks. I eventually had to kill the campaign.
Thanks for your answer!
I am an creator of service that protect advert from bots and frauds. And I am researching affiliate markets and problems in USA, Canada, Europe .
So this is very interesting for me to know how big and popular the problem of bots and fake clicks it this countries.
So your information about Bing was very useful for me! Thanks again.

It will be better if security is inbuilt to advert network itself. One can check if the landing pages and ads are working fine. If customisation allows the adverts to be blocked off a particular IP range that gets a lot of spam traffic and also while checking the result one can filter out the bot results.

Thanks for your answer!
I am an creator of service that protect advert from bots and frauds. And I am researching affiliate markets and problems in USA, Canada, Europe .
So this is very interesting for me to know how big and popular the problem of bots and fake clicks it this countries.
So your information about Bing was very useful for me! Thanks again.

I'll give you the exact keywords I was using if you want.

It will be better if security is inbuilt to advert network itself. One can check if the landing pages and ads are working fine. If customisation allows the adverts to be blocked off a particular IP range that gets a lot of spam traffic and also while checking the result one can filter out the bot results.

The funny thing is none of the clicks would should in Bing so I wasn't charged for them. They would only show in my tracker.

Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png
Here's a small screen shot of the data.

Yes this is good, but this security is no very good usually because it is profitable for ad networks to have some bots.

MI
Back