The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Review PropellerAds case study with mobile AV and review

comegetbravo

I'm going to showcase a campaign I ran a couple of months ago in Poland.
The campaign was already profitable using popads and popcash and I looked to further scale the campaign, I had heard some positive things about PropellerAds so I decided to give them a shot.

I did the same process when starting the campaign with popads and popcash as I did with PropellerAds (just copying and pasting a campaign rarely makes it profitable from the get go, from my experience)

Keep in mind that this campaign was one of my first profitable campaigns and I was still rather new with mobile AM when I did this :D

1. Choose offers: I was signed up with clickdealer, mundo media and avazu at the moment so I selected one offer from each network that was fairly similar and that had been recommended by my affiliate manager.

2. Do some spying: If you have a spy tool this part is easy, I didn't have one at that time so I used HMA+ and Opera emulator to research what landing pages people were using.

3. Set up campaigns:
q8t7GN5.png

This is how I initially set up my campaigns, with different bids, because you reach different placements with different bids, so staggered bids are a way to see which bid will make you the most profit, most of the time setting a higher bid will get you more traffic, and from my experience with PropellerAds, the sweet spot, at least for this campaign was between a High bid and a Medium bid.

4. Analyze results:
Zp5JFQR.png

As you can see, it looks promising - What I took from popads and popcash was OS targeting (Android) so the High bid is already profitable, keep in mind that I had already sorted out an offer and was only running 1, so if you're just starting out, don't expect to be profitable right of the bat, but as you can see, the Low bid didn't perform at all, probably because I set the bid too low.

I continued to dabble with the bidding, between high and mid and found myself a sweet spot, also after canceling out some placements this did above 40% ROI for around 2 weeks before the offer went down.

P.S, here are some suggestions on what landing pages might work ;), don't forget to split test and make your own variations on them and make sure you're compliant.

kHPsY65.png

That's it, make sure to check out PropellerAds, they've got some great traffic.

The campaign was already profitable using popads and popcash and I looked to further scale the campaign, I had heard some positive things about PropellerAds so I decided to give them a shot.
(...)

P.S, here are some suggestions on what landing pages might work ;), don't forget to split test and make your own variations on them and make sure you're compliant.That's it, make sure to check out PropellerAds, they've got some great traffic.

Hey!

I'd like to ask about you Landing Pages. All of them say: "You have very dangerous virus and it will destroy your phone".

Also you said you've used Popads, Popcash and now you're using PropellerAds. Does it mean these traffic sources allow this type of Landing Pages? You can say to user that "your phone will explode in 5 minutes unless you install this software" or "you have won zillion dollars just give me your most private data"?

Hey!

I'd like to ask about you Landing Pages. All of them say: "You have very dangerous virus and it will destroy your phone".

Also you said you've used Popads, Popcash and now you're using PropellerAds. Does it mean these traffic sources allow this type of Landing Pages? You can say to user that "your phone will explode in 5 minutes unless you install this software" or "you have won zillion dollars just give me your most private data"?
You have to make sure to run compliant, otherwise you might get banned from the traffic source or won't get paid by the advertiser. If you're unsure, send your trafic rep or support team a screenshot of the lander and ask what needs to be changed in order for it to be compliant.

In my experience, popads accept most landing pages that doesn't do any background apk downloading, tab jacking Script, or any other script that seriosuly hinders the user from removing the ad.
Adcash is probably the most strict pop network in regards to landers.

You have to make sure to run compliant, otherwise you might get banned from the traffic source or won't get paid by the advertiser.

Thank you for your response, but that didnt answer my question. I know the general rules and risks of running non compliant LPs.

I'd like to ask specifically about your case study, not about general rules. You've said you run this campaign on three traffic sources and you placed here a bunch of LPs.

I think this is key factor to understand this campaign, especially for newbies like me. Did you use these Landing Pages without any problems on these three traffic sources? Or maybe you've been cloaking? These LPs are very aggressive and AFAIK they are not allowed on most of traffic sources.

Thank you for your response, but that didnt answer my question. I know the general rules and risks of running non compliant LPs.

I'd like to ask specifically about your case study, not about general rules. You've said you run this campaign on three traffic sources and you placed here a bunch of LPs.

I think this is key factor to understand this campaign, especially for newbies like me. Did you use these Landing Pages without any problems on these three traffic sources? Or maybe you've been cloaking? These LPs are very aggressive and AFAIK they are not allowed on most of traffic sources.
These are not the exakt same landers which I used, this was a screenshot of adplexity and what's working atm.

If you want to cloak, you gotta be willing to face the consequenses, your ad account might be banned, with the funds frozen. You might not be paid by the advertiser, for noobs with a low budget I don't recommend going overly aggressive as a set back like the advertiser not paying you would most likely ruin your budget in the beginning.

Thank you for your review!

But I would like to clarify for all that at present time our policy team doesn't allow "too scary" landings and fake virus alerts.
Please, be more creative to avoid campaign rejection or account suspension.

banners
Back