“mobile”/ paypertrail
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Null

Product vs email advertising?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by hollda4dolla, Feb 20, 2018.

1. hollda4dolla

hollda4dolla Affiliate affiliate

Hey, to clarify I'm wondering if it would be optimal to either run ads to gather email opt ins and then push the main product and any further products through the email list or if it would be better to instead sell the main product or a product through ads, and have every sale opt in to the email list for further emailing. For example if I were to advertise through FB ads would it be more beneficial to run a campaign with the goal of email opt ins and then followup with products or run a campaign for a product and follow up with further emails?

Similarly, if I have an email list or a pixel that has had over 100 hits, would a lookalike audience be better suited for pushing a product campaign or an email opt in campaign?
    Thanks in advance :)

towhidzaman likes this.
  2. Globaxy
  3. Roman Epo

Roman Epo Affiliate affiliate

Both are different platform and both are different user.Advertising can be done in many ways,main target is bring the customer. Of-course conversion rate is fact,before any-kind of advertising , ensure your targeting are appropriate to your led.

4. hollda4dolla

hollda4dolla Affiliate affiliate

appreciate the reply but I don't think you understood fully what I intended to ask. I was wondering if I am running an advertising campaign such as a facebook ad, would it be more optimal to run a campaign for the product with an email capture at the end, or an email opt in facebook ad instead of a product ad directly? In either case I still capture the email and do email marketing. It's just wether I would captyure the email from fbads as the first point of contact or after a sale instead.

5. towhidzaman

towhidzaman Moderator moderator affiliate

So, I've done both type of product launches. I think it's always depends on the price of the product. So for low ticket product that sells around $1-$50, you should just directly send people to the sales page. Most people don't think much when they buy low priced product so you don't need to do any kinda pursuing other than the sales page copy itself.

For high ticket product that sells for thousands, most visitors don't buy the product at first visit. They need some time to think it through so it's better to grab their email address as soon as you can to have a way to follow up with them in case they don't take any action. Because once they leave the website to comeback later, it's your job to bring them back. They can forget about it for any number of reason.

For mid ticket I got mixed success. Both works. You will have to test them separately to find what's converting for your offer.

I hope that helps. Feel free to ask any other question you have in mind. :)

azgold likes this.
banners