The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

PPV conversion discussion

Hello all,

I was discussing with a friend a scenario. Please share what you think, he does not agree with me

1) I have a UK offer (irrelevant which offer it is, a lead offer for example)
2) I create a campaign in LI or TV targeting the UK
3) I bid on google.com (it is the american version of google) or any other non-UK website
4) A UK user with the adware from LI or TV lands on google.com or any other non-UK website (I did bid on step 3) and my LP shows up
5) The user converts in my offer from point 1)

Do I get paid for the conversion or not? Please share your thoughts. I say that I get it, but my friend says I would not get credit for it. The user I converted lives in the UK.

What do you think? Am I wrong?

This is what I also think, I am not going to verify each and every website if it is a British website or a foreign website, it just makes no sense...

Anyone else? What do you think?

The gelocation of visitors is done by IP address, not the target they are on. Think about it; how would it work for keyword targets? If you're targeting a specific country, you'll get traffic from that country only.

The gelocation of visitors is done by IP address, not the target they are on. Think about it; how would it work for keyword targets? If you're targeting a specific country, you'll get traffic from that country only.
Scott Ritcher dropping knowledge!

banners
Back