The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

PPV Campaign Testing

500days

Get your fix Ninja!
affiliate
Hi Luke,

Thanks for coming here to help out. I have a few questions for you.

Choosing a campaign to run with.
Now, when do you pick a campaign to keep running considering some will be doing badly?
How many landing-page views do you see as a good one to use in measuring the CTR, EPC correctly.
Would be nice to know how to pick the best offers for PPV too.
Approx how many landing pages do you recommend getting started with after you pick an offer to run with?

Competition Research
What toolbars (LI & Trafficvance) can i install to learn what my competition is doing.
I also have a boxofads a/c to help with this, still trying to figure it out as most of the ads I saw seem like they are direct linked to offer-page.

URL Bidding
Is it safe to do URL bidding on brand names like e.g amazon site as a target for an amazon gift card offer?
Kindly explain how additional targets like " .domain. " and " domain com " can contribute into more traffic for a URL target " domain.com "

Landing page
Is it safe to resize the LI popup window to lets say 800X600?. some offer pages seem just to be fine without a new landing page but they
cant just fit in the LI popup.

Do you still see any success with direct linking campaigns lately? I have tried Direct linking on submits. Got a bunch of views and almost no conversions on all the offers I tested.

Tracking
Is it necessary to have subids if am using Bevo tracker?

Thanks in advance

Ben

Last edited:
Now, when do you pick a campaign to keep running considering some will be doing badly?

Some of your campaigns will fail. That's a fact. I still use money all the time. But, you'll learn to find the winners and scale those to more than make up for the losers.

How many landing-page views do you see as a good one to use in measuring the CTR, EPC correctly.

It depends on the campaign. Run traffic and you'll get an idea.

Would be nice to know how to pick the best offers for PPV too.

There are tons of options. Find something you're interested in and you think you can make a good landing page for.

Approx how many landing pages do you recommend getting started with after you pick an offer to run with?

To start? One. Use variations of that one landing page. Different headlines, call to actions, etc.

Competition Research
What toolbars (LI & Trafficvance) can i install to learn what my competition is doing.
I also have a boxofads a/c to help with this, still trying to figure it out as most of the ads I saw seem like they are direct linked to offer-page.

Box of Ads is great. You can download the LeadImpact adware here: http://luke.am/adware ...I believe you can still get Trafficvance's at GameVance.com.

URL Bidding
Is it safe to do URL bidding on brand names like e.g amazon site as a target for an amazon gift card offer?
Kindly explain how additional targets like " .domain. " and " domain com " can contribute into more traffic for a URL target " domain.com "

More than likely you won't be able to bid on Amazon. I don't recommend hijacking the sale from the advertiser. Most frown on this. For example, I would be upset if someone were bidding on FPTraffic.com and promoting their FPTraffic affiliate link.

The URL bid variations just make it cheaper.

Landing page
Is it safe to resize the LI popup window to lets say 800X600?. some offer pages seem just to be fine without a new landing page but they
cant just fit in the LI popup.

LeadImpact used to deactivate campaigns for resizing.

Do you still see any success with direct linking campaigns lately? I have tried Direct linking on submits. Got a bunch of views and almost no conversions on all the offers I tested.

I haven't been pushing PPV much lately and the PPV I did push was through my own lander. Email submits are getting less and less popular. I'd try to find a simple lead gen to test.

Tracking
Is it necessary to have subids if am using Bevo tracker?

I believe you'll still need to pass the keyword variable from the PPV network you're working with into your Bevo link. Bevo's support is solid. They'll be able to help you. If you're seeing your PPV targets in your reports you're good to go (as long as you're using postback tracking).

banners
Back