The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

PPC question

bigcat1967

How do you guys usually get 10/10 quality score on your keywords? The best I'm getting is 7/10. My ads are relevant - in fact - sometimes, word for word on the title of my landing page. And my title is relevant to the body of my landing page (obviously).

How about the heading tags

How about your heading tags, even check your bold and italics tags those are of importance to search engines if you didn't know. This is just a few you can try. Hope I could help.Mike

have you ever tried to duplicate your landing page and add in the targeted keywords? And also make sure you have those keywords on your landing page. Any alt tags images use full descriptions.

Never managed to get above 7/10 here either. Though I have found that pouring more money into phrases that generate low bounce rates etc. leads to higher quality scores. Perhaps check that out.

Thanks!

Pete

old thread.. but since Pete bumped it up and for future reference. :D

There's a lot more to the Quality Score than threading the same keywords through various things (that may have been enough at one time, but not any more..).. The site itself, the content and purposing of the site has a very major impact. So no matter how you have your keywords configured in your ads, tags etc (which you should still do).. if you don't have unique content, a useful site and a good user experience..

..you will struggle. And that's sort of only one slice of an answer because within that there are things seen and unseen that affect quality.

I have found even how established that site is in the SERPs can have an impact.

All my sites I first build as organic sites going through my link building routines; to establish the site, get a good amount of unique content indexed.. the ones that perform best are rich in unique content and have added functionality that sites like Google crave.

And it's not just Google.. even adcenter wants to see unique content these days (checking for dup content); been in that battle with their quality team.

Bottom line is though.. there isn't necessarily one answer. Study their guidelines carefully.. make sure you can have confidence you are providing what they are asking for and try to keep moving towards that and testing..

HTH

Oof - I didn't notice it was an old topic. Sorry!

It also occurs to me now that choosing between broad and phrase match keywords can also affect quality score. Not a clue as to why. : P

Pete, others may mind, but you don't have to be sorry to me, lol.. it's the internet right? Older topics can stay relevant for long periods of time and as long as it's on topic, why not make it a more valueable thread by adding your thoughts... it gets indexed and someone can still find gold even though it's aged.. imho of course. :D

Another good one you added.. yeah, definitely. And that may be a product of just giving you a better CTR which contributes to QS.. or maybe the history is better. Try using the broad match modifiers as well!

Hi Matt,

Lol. Perhaps I've just happened upon crotchety forums in the past. : P

CTR seems like an arbitary thing for Google to focus on since that reflects the ad text and CPC bid - but not the user experience once they arrive on site. This leads me to suspect that time on site and bounce rate are more important in determining QS. In other words - it's impossible to build a good Adwords campaign without looking at Analytics in conjunction!

Pete

MI
Back