The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Plurals Not Showing in Keywords list in 7Search

Svengali

affiliate
Hey Guys, Complete noob to PPC here.

I added a bunch of keywords to 7Search, and the plural of some keywords got switched to the singular

ie: windows 8 software, software for windows 8 got changed to window 8 software, software for window 8 when I added the keywords

Even more strange is when I search the keywords in 7Searches listing my add shows up for both singular and plural versions of the keyword, even though I have all my keywords set to exact match.

Wut :confused:

More than the keyword, what you need to watch is the website were your ads appear, then sometimes the result will be the same with the keyword windows 8 software than with " software" because the same websites will be triggered. but what may change is the ctr of the ad. but youcan also change the text ad for each keyword.

It's not se same Google adwords search than 7 Search.

are you using ###RID### parameters?

Hey Pollito,

Thanks for the response.

I haven't used the ###RID### yet cause I still really don't understand it :) I need to go over that and ###KEYWORD### and then give it a test.

What I have done so far, is start two campaigns on the same Clickbank product, a total of about 70 keywords, direct linking to the sales page. So far I have 390 impressions and two clicks. ( since yesterday )

I bid higher than the other bids with exact match, and used a lower bid on phrase match. (didn't use broad match )

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Guys, Complete noob to PPC here.

I added a bunch of keywords to 7Search, and the plural of some keywords got switched to the singular

ie: windows 8 software, software for windows 8 got changed to window 8 software, software for window 8 when I added the keywords

Even more strange is when I search the keywords in 7Searches listing my add shows up for both singular and plural versions of the keyword, even though I have all my keywords set to exact match.

Wut :confused:

7Search maps many common plurals so that versions of both will populate results. So some common plurals, like Car & Cars. Window & Windows, etc., will feed the same queries.

look at this post from peerfly, to know why to use the ###KEYWORD### Blacklisting Bad Performing SubIDs on 7Search

What do these tags, is that if you have a link with subid's like &c1=###KEYWORD###&c2=###RID### or something similar, when you check the visited pages of your website, you can see that the space occuped with these tags is filled with data, so you see like &c1=window&c2=72185-33456
Then you can know the clicks that the 72185-33456 send you with the keyword window. Sometimes, specially in your first campaign, you need to block the whole AFFID of some series of crapy websites, this is why these parameters are so important.

banners
Back