“mobile”/ paypertrail
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Null

Pls recommend Woocommerce or shopify

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Abu Monsur, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Abu Monsur

Abu Monsur Affiliate affiliate

Dear friend,
    I have plan to build an apparel store with ctg.store

Which should I prefer woocommerce and shopify? Pls opine as I don't have good experience

Thanks
    Monsur

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  2. Globaxy
  3. candysaga

candysaga Affiliate affiliate

It depends on your web content what you are going to sell on that. I will say both are good but if you want the ready-made one then choose shopify because there are so easy templates for it. WooCommerce is also a good one but you need to find extension and do a little work with it, otherwise it is the best one.

4. natalieporter

natalieporter Affiliate affiliate

I think for an e-commerce store, the current trend is m-commerce and the Magento mobile app. It's more useful for your business than a website. Because almost people use smartphone right now. Furthermore, the Magento mobile app will represents the best experiences for customers. That is very helpful for your business growth.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2017
  5. Morris Edwards

Morris Edwards Affiliate affiliate

If you don't have experience in web design, Shopify is best option for you. And, if you have little knowledge about how websites work or little more time to learn, WooCommerce may be a better option as it provides more design possibilities and fairly lower price.

6. Ryna Lagger

Ryna Lagger Affiliate affiliate

WordPress is one of the pioneers in the field of building websites from scratch, and with exciting features. It packs a punch in terms of useful features for CMS systems. Of the many WordPress Ecommerce features is the fact that not only can store owners use the readymade ecommerce templates, but can also explore design differentiation with CSS and HTML. Strength and flexibility both on the back end and front end. Hundreds of unique themes to choose from, and each one is customisable to the last point. Premium extensions can be added as and when you need, such as table rate shipping, product CSV Import Suite, bookings and others. You get a host of free extensions such as delivery notes, Google Analytics, PDF Invoices and Packing Slips, Custom Product Tabs Lite, etc.

It’s impossible to say what the “best” platform is, as your specific needs will determine which features will benefit you most. If you’re trying to do basic ecommerce, and you don’t need a scalable or customizable option, then one of the smaller, simpler ecommerce platforms could be perfect for you. On the other hand, if you need a lot of versatility (or you’re willing to pay for a developer), then one of the more high-performance platforms is more likely to suit your needs.

Just remember, You are the only one who can decide what’s best for your business, though, that people will judge your entire business based on your storefront…so choose wisely.

wpcycle likes this.
  7. wpcycle

wpcycle Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

+1 for WooCommerce. A lot can be done with it, and for a small business, just a base installation with a PayPal plugin does the job.

Just be sure to focus on speed and security.

Ryna Lagger likes this.
  8. dbs00

dbs00 Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

+1 for Shopify. Costs more but it's a lot better.
    In the end that's what you need. A professional and reliable shop!

9. candysaga

Shopify is nowadays very popular platform to develop e-commerce store online. It is easy to have a website with it if you are not a developer and don't have any idea about development.

10. wpcycle

wpcycle Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

I see a huge issue with Shopify, which is the same issue with other systems that allow you to use their system....the system name is in your url.

Every Shopify vendor is just promoting Shopify...not their product or brand, and overall it's as professional as using a free email address for business. It shows the potential customer or business person that you didn't invest in your business.

When I worked in music, many of us would laugh when we would hear an artist promote the ways of finding them;

"You can find me at myspace.com/my-artist-name"...all I heard was myspace.
    "You can also find me at facebook.com/pages/459083/my-artist-name"...all I heard was facebook.
    "or email me at [email protected]"...all I heard was gmail.

So after all that, all I heard was a promotion for myspace, facebook, and gmail. The artist...couldn't tell you their name.

Now an artist that invested in their business;

"you can find at my-artist-name.com"...I heard my-artist-name.com
    "you can email me at [email protected]"...I heard my-artist-name.com

See the difference. In the hosting world, no one would take a host serious if advertised [email protected] or hosting.shopify One would think this host will take the money, possibly give you an account, and in a few weeks shut down and run with your money. Then when it's time to report them and track them down, all you have is a gmail address. No lead what at all.

To stay on track...a store that uses WooCommerce, or any cart they chose will be taken more seriously if they use their own dot com name. I've seen numerous business that started with etsy or another cart systems (I don't recall the name), only to move away from such systems to have their own dot com store, and complain about time and energy wasted.

Another element that I also forgot...SEO. Using other systems are ultimate SEO push....for the company providing the service...not yours. I remember with WIX years ago, the tags had the WIX words in them...not the name of the website.

11. Jon Pastorizo

Jon Pastorizo Affiliate affiliate

If you intend to have a blog for your ecommerce store and have an SEO game plan then I would say WooCommerce is better because it is based on Wordpress. However, if you are not really going to have a blog for your ecommerce store, you want to put up a store fast and your traffic plan is to do Facebook Ads, Instagram or Pinterest then I would say Shopify is better.

Just like different martial arts style there are advantages and disadvantages, but both will be relative from the practitioner's point of view - in this case it is dependent on what your plan is and who your audience is, etc. So analyze who your audience is and think about what your traffic plan will be then you can make a decision on which platform you need to use.

If you are looking for a system that has auto-fulfillment of both print on demand products and physical products with amazing integrations with Shopify, WooCommerce, ClickFunnels and more then check out Slingly

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2017
  12. BrainFoodMarketing

BrainFoodMarketing Affiliate affiliate

PP is garbage for serious business. PP have gotten so shady over the past few years.
    I do agree Woo is better due to pricing over time with ROI. Shopify is overpriced, but good for newbies

13. candysaga

There are still many people who are using PayPal for online transaction as they feel safe and secure about their money while using it online. That is why PayPal is still having its own space, as there are so many online gateways in a market.

14. Adam Fills

Adam Fills Affiliate affiliate

I believe there is no comparison between both with Shopify you can setup your store in hours you do not need to hire a developer, you do not have to worry about security and stability and you will never find amazing apps that you can use with Shopify the biggest example is Trackify Pixel App, Recart, Wheelio. You just need to setup your store find the right products implement all trackify codes you need and facebook and just start building highly targeted audience with trackify and get the maximum ROI with your ad campaigns. That is all I have learnt and experienced. Good luck!

15. affmarketer101

affmarketer101 Affiliate affiliate

In my opinion, if you are good at editing website, let's use Woocommerce on Wordpress. If you don't want to edit/customize much on your demand, let's use Shopify.

16. Adskeeper

Adskeeper Traffic Manager Traffic Manager affiliate

Shopify for sure! Mostly all dropshippers there!

17. Eve Jones

Eve Jones Affiliate affiliate

I would recommend WooCommerce as it is WordPress based and hence a lot better than Shopify.

banners