The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Please Explain No Trademark Bidding

chiruraaj

affiliate
Hello Guys. A newbie question here.

I understand that no trademark bidding means that I cannot bid for the keywords which contain brand name. So for example if i am promoting an offer which says get free iphone and has restriction on trademark bidding then I cannot bid for the keyword Iphone. Am I right? Is there anything more to it? Thanks for the help.

Hello, that is correct however sometimes there is different circumstances. If I were you I would contact your account manager for this and they will be more than happy to go over bidding and keywords restrictions with you. Good Luck

Hello Guys. A newbie question here.

I understand that no trademark bidding means that I cannot bid for the keywords which contain brand name. So for example if i am promoting an offer which says get free iphone and has restriction on trademark bidding then I cannot bid for the keyword Iphone. Am I right? Is there anything more to it? Thanks for the help.

Like the others stated above, it's always best to contact your Affiliate Manager when it comes to that.

But in general, you are correct. Bidding on brands is typically restricted in most offers unless it specifically states that it's not ok to trademark bid. You'll usually get this info from the actual brand - but again, it's better to be safe than sorry as mentioned by Andy.

You're best off contacting your AM to get things clarified for you.

banners
Back