The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Pinterest no longer accepting straight TeeSpring URL's? (& my latest insight / rant)

JonClkim

I recently came out of my teeshirt advertising hibernation & launched a random campaign
in a new niche (see here ►LAST SHIRT MADE | Teespring) and while doing my initial personal promotions of the sales page
by using the available social media networking icons (fb, twitter & pinterest) at the top - only when I clicked submit on Pinterest
it denied me for the first time stating that the link I am using has been reported as spam by members & therefore you can no longer
promote using just your unmasked sales page link from TeeSpring...

This might not be news to some of you but I have been on a sabatacle for the past 2-3 weeks now & have not done any tee shirt campaigns
since my last string of successful ones launched as discussed in a few of my previous posts here.

It is interesting timing, only a few days ago I made a post here describing how no new marketers getting into tee shirt campaigns should put
all of their eggs into one basket in regards to only using teespring exclusively... If pinterest is the first to ban teespring links then it is relatively safe to say
'the rest are soon to foller' lol (i was watching o brother where art thou earlier o_O )

Once it becomes a pain in the bum for people to promote their campaigns with TeeSpring, a mass migration will take place to these other networks we have all
been trying out & discussing here on the forums, when this happens I think it will mark a pivotal shift in how Tee shirt campaigns are viewed by the general public.

Psychologically speaking the power of persuasion that exists when using TeeSpring, is still relatively new & unknown. That being said, once the social media networks
start flexing the ban hammer, it will change this perspective held by the public. Once they get wind that these kind of campaigns are identified as spam, it will make it even that much harder to maintain successful campaigns. Clearly not all of us were as intuitive as the chap who started such infamous (and still ongoing) campaigns like ► Teeview | Teespring campaign viewer - I am not even sure how many campaigns they have successfully launched at this point, but it is in the hundreds. My point is, certain types of laser targeted niches will not be as susceptible to the spam/ban hammer across social networks as others - but it is certainly a trend that advertisers want to keep their eye out for because it inevitably effects us all :ninja:

O Brother Where Art Thou?....LOVE that movie! :)

I'm sorry to hear about Pinterest denying your link. I imagine you're right about other social networks following suit. It sucks. I don't know why a t-shirt pin would be considered spam any more than other product sales. I assume it's simply because somebody complained? Let me reiterate....it sucks.

Could you do a redirect from a site/domain link? I don't know if you have a site or a spare domain hanging around or not.

O Brother Where Art Thou?....LOVE that movie! :)

I'm sorry to hear about Pinterest denying your link. I imagine you're right about other social networks following suit. It sucks. I don't know why a t-shirt pin would be considered spam any more than other product sales. I assume it's simply because somebody complained? Let me reiterate....it sucks.

Could you do a redirect from a site/domain link? I don't know if you have a site or a spare domain hanging around or not.

I am confident that using a redirect with a domain name you own would work regardless - I just wonder if they will start picking up on the pictures being used - i.e. if you are using a 301 to squeeze into your sales page pinterest will pull the image it displays in your pin from teespring.com servers, so i'm not quite sure how that all works, but my guess is (without trying it first) a redirect would work fine. I am going to experiment more tonight or tmr and launch a couple new campaigns - will update further then

But yeah you are correct in your assumption about them complaining about it enough to where admins finally took action on the links- lol

Why on earth would anyone complain about a t-shirt pin? Somebody has too much time on their hands.

Let us know how your experiment goes.

banners
Back