The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Pings?

• Thread starter lauraddirectnet
  • Start date
L

lauraddirectnet

I have different blogs for different websites. I joined Technorati as a way to ping the blogs. When I log into the site it says "last ping 22days" or "last ping "1 hour". I try to update the older ones that have not been Pinged in awhile, but it never seems to update. How can you tell if you are pinging correctly?
Has anyone used Technorati and saw the same thing?

Thanks!

Hi Laura,

If so I think the easiest way to ping ALL the major blog aggregators is by using pingomatic or http://www.pingoat.com/. They both ping Technorati plus TONS of other places for you with one click.

Are your blogs WordPress blogs? If so, you can set it up to automatically ping for you everytime you post a new entry. Let me know if you want to do this and I can go look and tell you where to do it.

I dont' like to do it that way because often after I publish I change the title or do other editing so I like to ping manually after I have the post the way I want it. With both pingomatic and pinggoat you can bookmark the link after you set up the blog so with one click it auto pings everyone.

I see, now if you post more than once a day, do you ping after every post, or just when your finished? One of the sites has a blog run by Wordpress, so I will look into that. One other question, what do you think about Google ads or adbrite ads in a blog. We are currently in the process of making a new blog for one of our websites. If this doesn't make sense I can give you the URL HERE so you can see what I mean. Thank you!

Yes I ping after every post is finished, not just once a day.

"One other question, what do you think about Google ads or adbrite ads in a blog."

Well a couple things... Is that your site and you are making $ per lead???
If so then unless conversions are really bad, I would think you wouldnt want visitors to click off the site and only get a few Google click cents if you could keep them on your site and make 20 a lead or whatever.

If I were you (althought I dont know all the details and have any idea about your numbers) if I had Adsense at all I would have it at the bottom of the page. So if a visitor never bit on any of my lead offers I'd have one last chance of monetizing their visit with a G click. Make sense?

Ping-Spam

lauraddirectnet said:
I see, now if you post more than once a day, do you ping after every post, or just when your finished? One of the sites has a blog run by Wordpress, so I will look into that. One other question, what do you think about Google ads or adbrite ads in a blog. We are currently in the process of making a new blog for one of our websites. If this doesn't make sense I can give you the URL HERE so you can see what I mean. Thank you!

It looks like you're making your own affiliate site?!
I wouldn't think your affiliates would be too pleased about that.
And, are you pulling in rss feeds from other sites ... and their ads?
That really dilutes your offering with the Goggle ads along side.

I would say that you've built a nice affiliate site there. If you're also an affiliate for your merchants, then you've made a nice site for yourself.

And, only ping once when you make a new post ... pinging daily on all your posts is ping-spam. I think I just coined a new phrase there?! :D

Hmm, I am not sure what you mean by making our own affiliate site why is it a bad idea? We are not using RSS feeds for any of our sites, but we had been looking into it. We have a few different websites. One is an affiliate program and the others are not related...Thanks for the compliment on the site.