The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

phpBB2 or any phpBB not recommended

temi

affiliate
I have always know phpBB is a pile of crap, I somewhat allowed myself to be persuaded that the new version is more secured etc etc etc. I use it to start my Green Forum a few weeks ago and now the site is hacked.

I am sure vB is now perfect but I have never had a vB site hacked before.

The moral of the story is stay well clear of phpBB.

Attachments

• phpbb.jpg
    phpbb.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 24
I use it to start my Green Forum a few weeks ago and now the site is hacked.

I haven't used phpBB myself primarily because of the fact it gets hacked so often. The problem is it's used by too many people, which compromises the project itself.

I would have to agree that vBulletin is probably the best of the commercial choices out there.

As for open source, I still think SMF is the best. I have never had any of my forums hacked and proudly use SMF on four sites.

Ouch - I agree phpBB is absolute rubbish!

Though I suppose you could argue that more people use phpBB than vB, therefore it is a better choice for hackers to try to exploit.. they can affect more boards.

I agree with you totally. phpBB is a fundamentally flawed piece of software. Usually free software comes at a price, with difficulty using, idiosyncratic templates or the chance of getting hacked (Wordpress being the obvious exception), and phpBB is one of them.

I hop all my posts haven't been lost : ( I used to use phpnuke (anybody remember that) and it got hacked all the time, apart from that I really liked it.

I too never liked phpBB (any version).

vB all the way, for me ! :)
(and SMF, if you really need to use a free script)

As Sun Tzu said
" if your enemy is weak, ATTACK! If your enemey is tronger than you, retreat, regroup, grow stronger, THEN attack !

As clint Eastwood said " a good man knows his limitations"

banners
Back