The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

PHP5 or HTML?

chris.martin

affiliate
Hi all,

Recently I started to hear about programs that using PHP5 over the familiar HTML.

Can someone please explain me the differences and what is better for the affiliate?

Thanks!

I really don't understand you...
Anyway, there is a program called dreamweaver which make it easy to deal with PHP over html
if this answer is what you want then tell me to provide more info about it

:)

not really sure what you're referring to. to my knowledge PHP and HTML are completely different languages, but they work together. HTML is for design, PHP is for scripting. o.o

PHP is primarily used for webpages requiring databases. If your site consists solely of static pages, HTML will be fine.

Are you referring to the difference between HTML and HTML 5? Most designers/developers are using HTML 4/XTML 1 (which are the current versions, respectively). HTML 5 is the newer version of the markup language. It has great benefits in terms of embedding media directly into the site. However, not all browsers support it's functionality yet.

PHP is a scripting language that is commonly used in conjunction with HTML to make calls to a database. For example, you will most likely need PHP for your contact forms or newsletter opt-ins.

As an affiliate, you don't need to know these languages, but they will save you a lot of time/money in the long run.

We stick to HTML pages because they are easily indexed, we tried to use PHP also (more user friendly) but our pages dont perform well

just my opinion, experience-wise

You can always use mod_rewrite if you want static URLs but it really makes little difference.

MI
Back