The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

PHP or ASP?

If you are hosting on Linux then PHP (even if pseudo ASP might be available)

If it's Windows hosting, then probably ASP, although PHP *may* be more suited depending on what you're doing - if you are windows hosted now though you'd probably go for .net which is very nice (although I do still love classic asp)

php all the way, community supported non microsoft product, need i say more lol... the day microsoft learn how to render a web page correctly is the day i will learn asp.

php all the way, community supported non microsoft product, need i say more lol... the day microsoft learn how to render a web page correctly is the day i will learn asp.

how is knowledge of asp relevant to html rendition? bottom line: both asp and php output the same. if you don't know how to do html/css so that it renders cross browser, then what different does it make what pre-processing language you like?

the best tool for the job - there are things you cannot do on a lamp system. there are also marketing "tools" - people that have the habit of listening to crap like ".net is the latest", they come to you and they go "can we also get the latest .net?" and then you answer, no, microsoft is crap, what you really need is a free open source system. a hard sale...

personally, i know very little asp but i am not naive enough to dismiss it out of hand.

firstly

how is knowledge of asp relevant to html rendition? bottom line: both asp and php output the same. if you don't know how to do html/css so that it renders cross browser, then what different does it make what pre-processing language you like?

you missed my drift there a tad, knowing php without knowing css & html dosnt happen does it and if it does then your early on in your web dev journey, i was making a light hearted comment that should of conveyed a sesne of non confidence in a microsoft product, giving favour to the open source lang php

the best tool for the job - there are things you cannot do on a lamp system. there are also marketing "tools" - people that have the habit of listening to crap like ".net is the latest", they come to you and they go "can we also get the latest .net?" and then you answer, no, microsoft is crap, what you really need is a free open source system. a hard sale...

theres also stuff you cant do on windows aswell... prime example... money_format() wont work on windows

personally, i know very little asp but i am not naive enough to dismiss it out of hand.

you having a bad day?

i do know enough asp to know i hate it, thats not being naive as i know i dont like from experience... so cant be nieve to the pros and cons... lots and lots of high demand services are done in php aswell... and as one person said here the best tool is what you know... for me php

... was making a light hearted comment that should of conveyed a sesne of non confidence in a microsoft product, giving favour to the open source lang php
oh sorry, it just does not come across like so, with nouns like 'hate' and the likes... it seems immature. don't get me wrong, i am all for PHP, it's been my bread and butter for a very long time now. what good can come out from a head-to-head comparison of personal preferences, it's like asking if you prefer white or black, coffee or tea: "I've drunk enough tea to know that I hate it"
theres also stuff you cant do on windows aswell... prime example... money_format() wont work on windows
heh, if you plan on running PHP then you may as well go to LAMP, i don't think IIS/Apache on win32 vs *nix is an issue here. number_format is your friend!
you having a bad day?
quite, you don't know the half of it...

totally agree, and yeah my English isnt the best... im dyslexic... not a excuse but dint pay attention in English class you know what uk schools are like lol

hope your day gets better dimitar :)

p.s sorry for being confrontational, its my bday and i dislike them alot... today is my yearly bad day lol

I prefer Php, because it's free and widely supported for many functions.Php is good server-side scripting language and it's the best general purpose web language.

Both languages have their advantages

Both languages have their advantages specific to users. Some would argue that both the languages have their own importance and depending on the user's requirements the language and the platform can be chosen. If we talk about developing a discussion board then ASP is equally capable but many feel the best discussion boards are developed in PHP. If a user is looking for some e-commerce application development then many would call ASP the ideal choice. This does not mean that PHP cannot provide e-commerce solutions, only that many people choose ASP.

For me, PHP is good but I prefer ASP since I know a little bit more on ASP than PHP. However, as far as I believe, both are good.

I also like PHP, i find it to be more adaptable and i just love using it.

ASP does have some nice features and can work well but PHP is more support because you can use it on Linux and Windows Servers, when ASP; I believe can only be used on Windows Servers, or on Linux with a lot of configuration.

~ Mike

MI
Back