The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

PayPal tyrany finally being challenged?

temi

affiliate
I just saw the advert below, looks like some lawyers are finally taking PayPal to task, i have heard horror stories of PayPal freezing people money and not releasing it for allegedly violating one terms or the other.

I don't use PayPal at my serious website any more because there was a time my account was frozen funny enough because I paid Rakib.... anyway, the adver can be foud below, you may want to contact those guys if you have problem with you money being frozen by paypal

Paypal Hit Your Account ? - Claim And Collect - Home - We Can Get Your Money Back. No Win No Fee! Call 0800 030 4624

That's great! Finally someone willing to stand up to PayPal and their system, I haven't actually been a PayPal fan lately, due to heavy issues with my bank account and PayPal.

- Meti

Fortunately I've never had serious issues with PayPal (so far), but I do use other payment routes too, just in case.

I've recently started using Google Checkout, which seems excellent so far. The big advantage (apart from being free until end 2007 :) ) is that the money automatically gets transferred to your nominated account a few days after payment - i.e. you don't need to request a transfer.

About time. They are now treated as a bank and should start acting like one with protection for buyers as well SELLERS.

The only problem with something like this is having your account terminated by Paypal if you proceed to make a claim against them.

There are option now and if you account is unfairly terminated, that could be another basis for a claim against them.

Then it is all go against the mighty one. I recently has a subscriber to our 108 sites at £60. Done the work and the next day Paypal gave them the money back. They are a shoddy business but unfortunately one that many use!

Yes, terribly shoddy. I have a dispute I am fighting at the moment as well, in January, someone paid to advertise on one of my directories on the homepage, 10 months later, she is disputing the payment and the bloody PayPal are actually giving me hell asking me to provide tracking number that the advert was delivered.... I wonder how you provide Parcel force tracking number for advert on a website.

Temi, PayPal truly sucks on handling disputes, they always let the buyer win the dispute. It's happened to me, and the situation is very frustrating and I truly think they need some advice on that department, even a ten year old kid could make better judgements.

- Meti

Temi, PayPal truly sucks on handling disputes, they always let the buyer win the dispute. It's happened to me, and the situation is very frustrating and I truly think they need some advice on that department, even a ten year old kid could make better judgements.

- Meti

I've heard the same thing... but fortunately haven't experienced it first hand. Like a lot of large process-based organisations taht are let down by situations where genuine human intervention and good judgement is needed

What makes me mad is that when a user gets scammed (which I did a few weeks ago) at a webmaster forum, and when you open a dispute against the seller they usually don't even consider your dispute if it is (eg. a web site, template etc..) which makes me think, no wonder scammers aren't afraid to scam anyone through Paypal and other leading payment solutions.

- Meti

banners
Back