The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Paying affiliates

Connor Burfeind

affiliate
Hey all! I'm having some trouble figuring out how exactly to pay out affiliates. I am signing up for an affiliate network soon, and will be promoting our campaign through there. We are promoting our new software.

We develop software that collects user data, and requires users to install a simple (Free) browser extension. We have created landing pages (on Unbounce) and have the copy
for our offers.

Based on the information I gave you, how would our program work? Is it possible that
we will be able to pay per install, so pay the affiliate only when the user
instals our browser extension. Most of these networks require you pay a commission of how much the sale is, but in our case there isn't an exact amount because it's free.

Hey all! I'm having some trouble figuring out how exactly to pay out affiliates. I am signing up for an affiliate network soon, and will be promoting our campaign through there. We are promoting our new software.

We develop software that collects user data, and requires users to install a simple (Free) browser extension. We have created landing pages (on Unbounce) and have the copy
for our offers.

Based on the information I gave you, how would our program work? Is it possible that
we will be able to pay per install, so pay the affiliate only when the user
instals our browser extension. Most of these networks require you pay a commission of how much the sale is, but in our case there isn't an exact amount because it's free.

If you are going to use an affiliate network for your app distribution, then you will have to pay a competitive rate to the affiliates. Have you researched apps being promoted through affiliate networks and what they pay for the download and installation of a browser extension?

Yes, I've tried to find info on this topic but it's a pretty small niche. We will be using an affiliate network, and will charge competitive rates per install, I just didn't know if we needed to provide commission as well.

Hi, Conor! If it is still actual for you..
You can send requests to several different networks to be provided with the approximate rate in your niche. At it is mentioned above you'd beter go with CPI model. You see the rate depends on several factors, mostly on Geo of the users you are going to collect information about. So for USA, Canada or or UK the rates will be closer to $2. If we are talking about tier3 countries the rates will be much less.

MI
Back