Certified

williamrs

Certified Vendor
Service Manager
Coach
CPA Evolution 3.0
PART 6

Creating a landing page

Many people ask me if it's important to use a landing page or if it's possible just to direct link.

I like to answer with an analogy:

Let's say that you're on Facebook and eventually find an ad promoting a training program by William Souza. Then you click on the ad and it sends you straight to the check out page for you to make the payment. Would you join the training?

Of course not!

It's the same thing when promoting CPA offers, just like I would need to give you good reasons for buying the training, you have to give them good reasons for completing the offer.

Most offers have general pages that are not designed for a specific audience. Often times, the goal of the offer's page is just not to turn the visitors down after the affiliate has already done the pre-selling stuff.

So, it's your task to give your audience a good reason for completing the offer.

You don't have to use fancy landing pages (actually, simple can be better), but make sure to have an intermediate page exposing some of the benefits of the offer and telling things that relevant for your audience (keep your angle in mind and try to understand what your audience is looking for and what would entice them to register).

For my campaign, I used a very simple landing page template with some screenshots of the game and benefits. The landing page was in German, but here is the translated version:

landing.png

There is no need for a fancy design or long copy, keep it simple and go straight to the point.

Here are the elements your landing page should include as well as the goal you should achieve with each element:

* Headline - This is the first thing that the visitors will see and you should use it to grab their attention and give them a reason to stay on the page and find out what is in it for them. Keep your headline short and use strong words such as killer, free, awesome, instant, etc.

* Bullet points - Don't use text blocks, prefer short bullet points. The best is to bold part of the bullet point, because it grabs people's attention and if they read the bold part they will end up reading the entire bullet. The goal here is to give them reasons for completing the offer (expose benefits that are relevant for them).

* Image - The image is very important, because it talks to the visitor's sub-conscious. The image will make people "feel" in a certain way about your page and the service you're promoting, and depending on the way they feel they will be more or less likely to complete the offer. Avoid distorting the image, crop it if necessary.

* Call-to-action - It should be simple, short and strong. Tell people what to do or they may decide to "leave it for later" and never go back to your site. Use things like "Start Playing Now", "Kill Some F** Orcs Now!", etc.

That's it, follow these simple rules and you will create nice landing pages that will boost the conversion rate of your campaigns.

In the next chapter we will go over the process for creating efficient ads!

Contents

Part 1/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 2/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 3/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 4/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 5/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 6/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 7/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 8/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 9/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 10/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 11/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 12/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 13/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 14/14 Facebook Case Study.

CPAEvolution: Make sure you check out the relaunch of CPAEvolution and the amazing AffiliateFix only bonus's.

Last edited by a moderator:
In your experience does English landing page work in counties like Germany, Netherlands, etc? These countries has very high percentage of people who understand English.

Thanks for the share William.
wondering ... what software you used to create that landing page?
i have a lot of problems when it comes to create landing pages. i use web page maker to create pages but it uses fixed positions of images and texts. so, when have a different size of the screen, the page do not appear as i created it.
is there any solutions that you follow or software that you use to get rid of resizing page problems and other problems?

In your experience does English landing page work in counties like Germany, Netherlands, etc? These countries has very high percentage of people who understand English.

No, I always translate them. You can use onehourtranslation.com. ;)

Thanks for the share William.
wondering ... what software you used to create that landing page?
i have a lot of problems when it comes to create landing pages. i use web page maker to create pages but it uses fixed positions of images and texts. so, when have a different size of the screen, the page do not appear as i created it.
is there any solutions that you follow or software that you use to get rid of resizing page problems and other problems?

That's a simple HTML landing page, so the softwares used to create it wre Photoshop and Dreamweaver.

But OptimizePress 2.0 is a good alternative if you can't create the pages with an HTML editor.

Please, One last question about the landing page.

I noted that you did not use a Disclaimer on your landing.

is it okay if you didn't use one in Free Sign up gaming offers?

I usually don't use a disclaimer on landing pages, unless they promote BizOpp, weight loss or other types of offers that make exaggerated claims.

So when they click on the green button "Play now for Free" they literally go to the Settlers signup page?

If you were targeting Germany wouldn't it convert better if the landing page was in German? Did you test that?

So when they click on the green button "Play now for Free" they literally go to the Settlers signup page?

If you were targeting Germany wouldn't it convert better if the landing page was in German? Did you test that?

Q1 = Yes.

Q2 = It was in German, that's why I wrote this: "The landing page was in German, but here is the translated version"

;)

What about creating Video Landing pages for the offer?

I mean there will be a video (any related from youtube) in the background then “click here to.....”?

MI
Back