The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Over $32K Spent On Bing so far!

Karmand93

affiliate
Haven't posted in a while. And Please do not take this the wrong way, I just wanted to know...what's the highest you've spent on an advertising network.

Here is my stats so far on bing, with an average cpc of about 0.20 cent.

I bid only exact and phrase, but NEVER broad.

bingppc.png

Good to see. I actually have an account with them, but have yet to create a campaign.

May I also ask, what is your ROI?
ROI varies for different campaigns and different geos. Typically from 30% to 150%. Scalability is another factor. I would want a campaign that generate 30% ROI with tons of volume compared to a campaign that generate 150% ROI with tiny volume.

ROI varies for different campaigns and different geos. Typically from 30% to 150%. Scalability is another factor. I would want a campaign that generate 30% ROI with tons of volume compared to a campaign that generate 150% ROI with tiny volume.

I prefer Quality and good consistent ROI over volume (Volume traffic is actually not that difficult to get). And let me tell you, bing got traffic (depending on the niche). I can easily get over a 1000 targeted quality clicks per day (I actually did) on bing for just one campaign.

But again, depends on your preference, and I totally get that.

I prefer Quality and good consistent ROI over volume (Volume traffic is actually not that difficult to get). And let me tell you, bing got traffic (depending on the niche). I can easily get over a 1000 targeted quality clicks per day (I actually did) on bing for just one campaign.

Do you collect leads? Also, is this a popular niche you're working with?

Wow incredible numbers. I am not able to spend more then 10 bucks per day with Bing :-D Well maybe I am but i would have to bid over $1 - my niches or keywords are probably the problem here. My quality score is 8/10 or higher. And I always target broad keywords because there is just close to no traffic when i do phrase or exact....

Could you please share what geos are you targeting and how many searches do your keywords have according to Bing ads keyword planner? And are you direct linking or go through a landing page?

Thanks a lot!

Bing is now up around 23% market share in the UK and growing.

Wow incredible numbers. I am not able to spend more then 10 bucks per day with Bing :-D Well maybe I am but i would have to bid over $1 - my niches or keywords are probably the problem here. My quality score is 8/10 or higher. And I always target broad keywords because there is just close to no traffic when i do phrase or exact....

Could you please share what geos are you targeting and how many searches do your keywords have according to Bing ads keyword planner? And are you direct linking or go through a landing page?

Thanks a lot!

1) I target:
U.K.
Us
Canada
New Zealand
Australia
Ireland

2) I use google keyword tools with keywords of 100 or more monthly searches on average.

However, I do not add more than 250 keywords per campaign, because it will be hard to optimize.

1) I target:
U.K.
Us
Canada
New Zealand
Australia
Ireland

2) I use google keyword tools with keywords of 100 or more monthly searches on average.

However, I do not add more than 250 keywords per campaign, because it will be hard to optimize.
Wow I'm learning so much. That's a mistake I use to make. How often do you email your email list and do you give them free stuff? Or just promote offers?

Also, if you don't mind. Can you tell us your bidding strategy? Like do you bid low and go higher or do you bid high and just gather data before you start bidding low?

Thanks a lot.

Wow I'm learning so much. That's a mistake I use to make. How often do you email your email list and do you give them free stuff? Or just promote offers?

Also, if you don't mind. Can you tell us your bidding strategy? Like do you bid low and go higher or do you bid high and just gather data before you start bidding low?

Thanks a lot.

I used to do email list - I had a huge list too (in MMO) but deleted everything because I was doing it wrong - in fact majority of people do.

If you are going to build an email list, focus on creating trust with your subscribers by providing valuable content. So this way, even if they are on multiple people's list, they will most likely buy from you. Also don't promote crappy product to your list....

Think about it, would you rather buy from someone who just pitches all the time or from someone who actually provides you with beneficial content?

These are just stuff I learned the hard way...

I will be getting into email marketing again, but this time, it will be for my own business and not for promoting other people's stuff.

I'm terms of bing bid strategy, I usually start at a bid of 0.69 (always start at a bid you are comfortable with)... And then depending on the amount of traffic I'm getting, I can increase or decrease it.

Hope this helps bud.

Could you share what EPC do you have and if you run per-sale or free per-lead offers? I am trying both right now with mixed results :-(

What do you mean you dont focus on EPC - it is all that matters, isnt it? If you said your average CPC is around $0.2 and your average EPC is higher then that, you make profit...

What I dont understand - what is the difference between choosing 250 phrase/exact KWs vs 10 broad KWs that will cover many possible variants and similar keywords and probably all the keywords from your 250 phrase/exact list? Why is it better to add all those 250 KWs?

thanks!

What do you mean you dont focus on EPC - it is all that matters, isnt it? If you said your average CPC is around $0.2 and your average EPC is higher then that, you make profit...

What I dont understand - what is the difference between choosing 250 phrase/exact KWs vs 10 broad KWs that will cover many possible variants and similar keywords and probably all the keywords from your 250 phrase/exact list? Why is it better to add all those 250 KWs?

thanks!

1) I see what you mean..

An EPC of say 3.26 is much better than an EPC of .56

But what I'm saying is, I can stil have an EPC of .56 and still do well. So It does not really bother me that much.

2) I know broad is cheaper, and has more volume, but it also has highly Untargeted traffic. With broad, you will be getting audience that have little to no interest in your ad, or are just curious about your ad. You would have to do a lot of optimization to get a profitable campaign from a broad search.

For example, say your compaign is about watch tv on computer, and one of your braod keyword is: tv on computer

Your ad could show for the search results: Samsung tv

Now, Samsung tv is not targeted to your offer, so you are just wasting money. But your ad can also show for the keyword: watch tv on computer

So you would have to do a lot of optimization, which equates to time and money.

But if you go phrase or exact, and add a bunch of those targeted keywords, you are guaranteed to have a visitor Interested in your ad, because they are already searching for something related to your offer. In this case it would be watch tv on computer.

This equates to less optimization than a broad a approach.

so I would rather add those 250 phrase/exact keyword than add 10 broad keywords.

MI
Back