The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Outbid notifications...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SkinnerW

I listed my sites on hundreds of bidding directories and now getting bombarded with outbid notifications...

This thing is SO annoying that I feel like sending them all email to go :flipof:

I understand if I was bidding for the top spot but not if I submitted with minimum bid...

Is it only me or you guys feel the same way?

Tell me about it, I have been getting tonnes of them, just designate them as spam, so my email client knows exactly what to do with the, here is the last one i got a few min before you made this post:
(I think phplinkbid most have just released a mod that implement that function and directory owners are playing with their new toy :(
Dear,
Someone outbid your link on for:

Bid now to reclaim your rank!

If you do not want to receive outbid notifications in the future, please edit your email notification settings at the following URL:

Best Regards,

Tagg em & Spam em, If you want to re bid simply keep an eye on the actual directories

It should be MY choice to receive these notifications, not the default settings...

Same way if I choose to subscribe to any newsletters - during listing submissions they should give me this option to subscribe, not the other way around...

I guess it's another reason for me to stay away from phpLinkBid powered directories...

Yeap thats really annoying :sorry:

Glad that topbidlinks.com never sends outbid notifications ;)

DON.

I think sending the notification for homepage links could be okay, and it should be sent just once, if the user then up the bid, he should be able to specify whether he should receive the notification in future.

i turned them off.

i think if someone really like to be topbidder, they will keep track of the bids.

Hmmm....I'll switch mine off then. I have them activated but if that's the general consensous I'll switch them off.

Actually those outbid notifications are a good way to market your directory, but I understand why it can be annoying for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back