The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Out of Ideas

jiu90

affiliate
Hi all. i was wondering if anyone new of other ways of making money with affiliates. I tried data entry and i was an affiliate for different sites but i ended up losing about $250.00 and making nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi jiu90,

Welcome to 5 Star. What types of affiliate programs have you tried?
Just give us the general product categories not merchant names.

How did you lose $250?

Do you have a site? Were the products you picked targeted to your visitors?
Do you get many visitors? Do you know how to market a site or do SEO?
Sorry for all the questions. But your question was too generic.
"wondering if anyone new of other ways of making money with affiliates"
Sure there's LOTS of ways to make money with affiliate programs.
But we don't know which ones may be for you.

Your question was kinda like "how do you build a house?

Lots of different answers but depends on what kind of house you want,
how big and lots of other things.

In addition to answering the questions above that would help us better help you -
read all the stickies in the newbie forum and they may help too.

There is a lot of money to be made on the internet. That doesn't mean everyone makes a lot of money, but I believe that any one can eventually make some good part time money at the very least.

I suggest that most everyone should create at least a simple website (blog). You learn a lot by doing. Also, it is simpler than ever to create something. You can also hire a cheap freelancer to get you through road blocks.

Create the web site (blog or something) on something you know about and are interested in. I also suggest you choose a topic that is broad enough or at least marketable (there is a product or service that people will buy). For example, if you like Hiking in a certain area, don't create a site that is just about that one national park. Of course, talk about what you know, but create room for it to be broad. Go through the many steps to build traffic and eventually market to that traffic.

Very simple answer, but it can be done. You can learn by doing for pretty cheap. Even losing your $250 is not a lot of money to invest in growing your experience. You need to invest something to make something.

MI
Back