The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

On page vs Off page factor in SEO

pow-wow

affiliate
To get top rankings we have to optimize our pages and simultaneously we need strong back linking. Should we give more weight to on page optimization or to off page factor.
What should be the proportionate ratio? should i put more effort on both the factors?

You have actually answered your own question beautifully pow-wow, to get a good ranking, you need to put efforts into both on page and off page factors. I tend to start with on page, once I am satisfied that its well optimised, I then move to link building.

A well optimised and constructed site, will need a FRACTION of the backlinks a poorly constructed one will.

So there is your answer really.

I start off with on-page optimization then off-page. If the pages are all optimized and doing well then I focus more on off-page (more link building).

Start and end

Start with on page optimization and end with offpage optimization.

Both have equal weightage in SEO.

Start with on page optimization and end with offpage optimization.

Both have equal weightage in SEO.

Sorry I have to disagree with you :(

The search engines have only 2 sources of information to base their judgement about your site.

1. what YOU say your site is about (on your site)
2. what OTHERS say your site is about (anchor text)

you can say your site is about black dogs, but if the anchor text says white cats, it is white cats you will rank for.

What OTHERS say your site is about (off page factors including anchor text, anchor page content, anchor site theming etc) is more powerful than what you say your site is about.

I took it to the extreme with the test of course and carried it out a few times just to make sure it wasn't tainted.

Of course the absolute correct answer is what you gave. BOTH are equally as important (in the site owners mind)

ranking factors

Hi, I have to disagree a bit too

i just put a clients site into the top ten with zero onsite optimization. they lost there password, and had major trouble contacting the registrar. so links do matter. and you can rank on them alone.

i have also owned many sites and seen many new sites rank just on the domain name and with minimal (zero) content. or links

and a third factor, a brand new site or domain can by promoted just by association of the owner. i am getting results in for sites that i only started a week ago. it outranks mr wong, so i must be on to something, and none of my other sites link to it, Yet, they are coming up when i search the site, it is being associated with my entire portfolio. weird stuff,,,
Nothing to do with optimization at all really,,

anyway, sorry, one easy thing you can do is use your domain name in your title, it will double the weight of your message or "word" you want to target, use a different page for each new WORD,

i just searched a standard run of the mill word on google, "coming"
every single return has there domain or url i should say in there title, and 5 dont have coming in there domain at all, thats out of 641,000,000 pages. try it with any word you like.

its one of the easiest things to do, that will take you a few seconds,

i hope that helps a little

Kindest Regards
Phillip

Last edited by a moderator:
inanchor:domainnameparking

i out rank mr wong, namepros, v7n and a stack of others with zillions of links., with a week old site,,

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get what you are saying here?
inanchor:domain name gives you the sites listed in the order of the volume of backlinks using the words as anchor text. So if you have 10 backlinks and the other sites have 9 then you will rank above them.

I am not having a go at you here honestly, I just don't understand what you are saying.

there is absolutely no competition in reality for domainanameparking as no one searches for that word, you are top for inanchor: so it stands to reason you will likely be top of the serps also.

You can't take a totally non competitive made up word, and hold it up as scientific proof.

try ranking for 'mortgage' within a week and maybe you would have a case :)

Off Page optimization comes after On Page optimization. On Page optimization can be stopped after completing it but never stop Off Page. In all the Off Page Optimization you get a link or two. So continue building links for your web site. More the links your site have more the possibility of ranking high in SERPs (keeping in mind the relevancy of the site you are linking to).

Both those process has the same goal, and that is to generate traffic, whether you used on-page or off-page optimization the important thing is to do it in the right way, for it to work as plan (get traffic).

Both those process has the same goal, and that is to generate traffic, whether you used on-page or off-page optimization the important thing is to do it in the right way, for it to work as plan (get traffic).

Whenever you will not use both in appropriate manner you can not get the result. So please do not mention on page or off page, but mention on page and off page

banners
Back