The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Ok, I've just installed FrontPage lol

Paul_KY

affiliate
I just got off the phone with a former Homestead member (Going through their msg boards, it seems he was the, "Top Dog" there, while he was a member). He's not using FP or DW, but some other editor (NEMO or something like that). But he STRONGLY suggested I at least learn another WYSIWYG editor, and have everything set up (Host picked out, etc.) in case it's time to pull the plug.

I like the ease of Homestead, but he had very valid points, plus facts to back up those points.

Anyway, based on the conversation we had, I'm convinced I need to at least learn FP.

Ok, so I installed FP 2000. I started fiddling with it. It looked easy enough.

I named an, "Index" page. After 3 or so minutes, I finally figured out how to set the background color, the text color, link color, etc. All set to go, right?

DEAD END :cry:

I tried importing some of my own graphics from my OWN PC, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I tried to insert some text, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Dang! This is just basic stuff.

Anyone mind helping me out, as if my host goes under, so does 40% of my company's revenue (Again, our programmer charges $125 per hour and he's not into making Paul 7-10 pages per day lol).

Anyone have any basic ideas where to start.

I'll design a marketing plan/budget/etc., which works to the tee, but give me a VCR and its manual, then ask me to program it, and I'm dumbfounded. :(

SOS!

First of all, you don't need a PROGRAMMER, you'd need a DESIGNER to DESIGN pages (am I right?!).
Second, from my experience I found that even Notepad and Calculator have help files, so you might want to press F1.
Third, there are tutorials about anything one's mind can cook up (found one about making C4 explosive) and search engines are the best way to find them. Here is the first one I found (looks pretty good) : http://www.learningspace.org/tech/FrontPage/

:)

Since you just started learning FP.. i have a sugestion.. DUMP IT.. Macromedia Dreamweaver is a lot better, more intuitive and easy to use. If you want any help using it please.. we are here.. but my opinion is that DW is the best WYIWYG HTML editor.
You can find templates on the web, and try to understand how they were created. I'll post some links tomorrow.

TY for your help.

In my experience, "Templates = How many sales/leads do you like losing? 50,500,5000 per month?"

Again, thank you for your help.

As my programmer stated, "Paul, what are you good at? Would you like to focus on what you suck at, or what you're good at? You have the ideas, I make the pages, and I sign the waivers. Now, pay me :lol: ".

Ouch, but perhaps he's right. :roll:

I still like making pages though. :D

Perhaps I'll txfr all the existing, "money making" pages, over to him (The faquer better teach me DW, as I know he uses this lol), and try to learn DW, while still making pages via Homestead.

Thank you for your help.

Yes, FP stinks it up. :cry:

Paul

:)

In my experience, "Templates = How many sales/leads do you like losing? 50,500,5000 per month?"

Use templates not on the site, but to learn how they are made. don't copy them..learn how their are made. I think this is the best way to learn DW.
Good luck :)

Paul,
You seem to be seriously loaded with cash to be paying $125 per hour to a "programmer" I invite you to use my company, we will save you $100 per hour because we will charge you only $25 and all out jobs are guaranteed. Here is one of our websites if you want to make contact:
www.velnetdesigns.co.uk

Temi

"Paul,
You seem to be seriously loaded with cash to be paying $125 per hour to a "programmer""

He only works for us around 2-3 hours per week. $125 per hour, for the type of work Ben does for us, is an absolute bargain. He does way more than web design.

I may take you up on the offer, regarding our affiliate sites, once I get a handle on DW.

How would we do this? Could you make the site in DW?

Paul

Paul,
We have four designers who are skilled at using almost all the tools under the sun. Implementing your project in DW will be a piece of cake. Let me know when you are ready
Temi

Temi,

I need to do this one site at a time. And sorry, as I have so many sites, but with, "One site at a time", this will help me ease into txfring them all, rather than all at once. And I am getting more accustomed to Dreamweaver. I guess I’m not as dumb as I thought LOL. :lol:

Could we start with one site? Also, I have a host for the sites to be transferred. Is there a way you could take care of this, so I could go about my daily business, without having to sign disclosure after disclosure (Yes, I understand there will be a couple we need to exercise)? Meaning, you could take care of the site design and uploading to my host server via FTP.

Thanks

Paul

Paul,
I will be delighted to handle everything for you including the design, update, host change etc. When you are ready you can email me with instructions directly. Its not necessary but if you, your host or anyone else need to contact me by phone here are my numbers: +44 8707440151, +44 8707440152 and my main website is: www.velnet.co.uk , you can also email be via www.velnet.co.uk .

I am very confident all will be handled to you satisfaction that I do not want a prepayment etc, you can pay my invoice after the site is moved and redesigned to you satisfaction.

I look forward to taking care of you websites for you.
Regards
Temi

Temi,

25 an hour eh? You and I may have a date in the near future :D I need some SERIOUS help in a few areas but I have to get on top of everything first. Im quite a bit behind schedule at the moment but give me a month or two and you have my business.

MI
Back