The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Off we go!

bacchie

affiliate
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, but not new to the IM world. I've ran adsense blogs for about a year prior to taking a break, but now I'm getting interested in CPA.. My new project is to drive leads to CPA offers using CPC traffic.The thing alot of you guys are probably doing already :)

I'm trying to keep a logbook of how things are going, to share some experiences but also hope to get some input on what I'm doing (wrong). If all goes well, people who come after me might find some things useful.

So this is what I did 2 days ago..

I've enrolled with Peerfly, CPATank, Deep blue, Maxbounty, commission junction. I got approved for CJ and Peerfly, and declined for Maxbounty (why o why?)

I picked 3 offers from Peerfly with conversion rates > 10% and decided to give these a try.

So then I made myself an account at 7search. Spent 25USD on some credit.
I then used the Adwords tool to generate some keywords related to the offers I want to promote. Exported about 300 kw's per offer and loaded these into 7search. Maximum bid was set to 0,05 USD per click. I did not use the embedded keyword tool from 7search.

I set up prosper202 on my shared webhost. Took me a while to figure out how to use the features but we're good to go now.

I did some copywriting for my 3 ads. Simple, basic ads of 3 phrases, including 1 clear call to action. I've used the link coming from prosper202 as a target, and used the tracking pixel from p202 as a pixel in peerfly as well.

Campaigns were finished, so we were good to go.
We're 2 days later. I've had over 2000 views, 3 clicks and 0 conversions. Rome isn't built in one day.

So I decided to alter my ads a little. I tried to make them more appealing by making them more to the point.

I noticed the majority of my keywords doens't get viewed. So I decided to let go the most of them, resulting with about 15 kw's per campaign. This feels more manageable.

Of these 15, I decreased the maximum bid to 0,01USD for the unclaimed keywords, but increased my bid for 2-3 keywords to 0,06 USD.

So this is where we are. What do I do next? Add more campaings? Drive traffic through other traffic sources? Take a break and sip from my cocktail?

See you around!

Welcome, and congrats on taking action!

I would advice being the top bidder on your strongest keywords otherwise your not going to see the volume with 7search!

You can then gather and block sub id;s!

Hi K

thanks for your advice. I've increased the bid for the strongest keyword yesterday and locked my first lead yesterday!
I'll try to find out how to block sub ids with prosper202 now

These are very helpful http://www.lukepeerfly.com/case-study-massive-250-roi-increase-3-days, http://www.lukepeerfly.com/live-7search-campaign, http://www.lukepeerfly.com/blacklisting-bad-performing-subids-7search, http://www.lukepeerfly.com/setting-7search-campaign, http://www.lukepeerfly.com/optimize-7search-ppc-campaign

You have to contact 7search to block sub ids. My only recomendation would be to get a better budget because if you spend 5$ a day, the budget will last 5 days and that will only help you to optimize the offer.

Love the case study! Keep going, dont quit and good job with your 1st conversion.

Hi David

thank you for the links. I've requested the blocking feature at 7search

The budget isn't that much of an issue, the traffic is!
I've had 8000 views, and 20 clicks.. Something must be going wrong. I only have one version of my ad (as 7search doesn't support multivariate testing) so I've rewritten the ads for today.. Let's see what happens

Make sure you block subids that aren't performing.. Luke from Peerfly has an article on it w/ video that shows you just how to work it
http://www.lukepeerfly.com/blacklisting-bad-performing-subids-7search

One thing I can say is MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR SUBID info. If you don't, you'll do like me and throw a lot of money down the drain.

I stopped using P202 until I figure out how to get my tracking data to show up but for now, I'm using Peerfly stats.. They have a pretty good tracking system.

Just pasting your peerfly offer link into 7search like this:
peerfly.com/click.php?img=0&id=xxxx&pf=xxxx&subid=###KEYWORD###&subid2=###AFFID###&subid3=###RID###&email=

best thing though is to stay on top of tracking & optimize. I optimize every day a few times to tweak my campaigns; that's until I get a proven system.

Haven't quite cracked the 7search secret yet but I've learned a lot in the last month.

Hope this helps

and congrats on the first lead.. It's a great feeling but it's short lived..

Something I was wondering while I was looking at my views..

Did you guys start off with 1 offer or did you go for a bunch?
I currently have 4, but only 2 of them perform somewhat reasonable, as in: they get views

Would I ditch the others, after 3 days, or would I optimize the ad text and find more attractive keywords?

How long do you run campaigns before ditching them due to no interest from the market?

thanks for the great answers already, it's been a help!

A few days have passed

I've created some extra offers, mostly high EPC offers on peerfly. I've tried the forex thing as well, but clicks are too expensive and cut me back for a nice amount today...

I've had about 30 click, NONE of them did convert... What's going on?!
I've blocked all of the subids that didn't convert (is this a good thing to do?)
I've rewritten the ads as they might have been a little tacky :)

lets pray for a better tomorrow!

A few days have passed

I've created some extra offers, mostly high EPC offers on peerfly. I've tried the forex thing as well, but clicks are too expensive and cut me back for a nice amount today...

I've had about 30 click, NONE of them did convert... What's going on?!
I've blocked all of the subids that didn't convert (is this a good thing to do?)
I've rewritten the ads as they might have been a little tacky :)

lets pray for a better tomorrow!

Some tips:

1- Promote email submits/short form submits in the begging.
2- Promote offers that has low competition, that way you will have a lower CPC, therefore, a bigger EPC.

Keep giving us updates :D

I'm doing strictly email submits at the moment.

I've broadened the strategy a little at the moment. I have some adsense sites running, and one of them shares a target audience with one of the offers I'm promoting. So I've set up a banner on this site just to see if it is generating traffic to the landing page.

Another thing I've done is creating some youtube movies with the offer page linked in the description. I use a domain of my own as a redirector, to comply with Peerfly requirements. I'm ranking the youtube movie at the moment, it has sent me a few visitors but not much

Finally, I've generated +100 extra keywords and bid 0.01 for them. They're added to the campaign now so let's see tomorrow how it goes

More clicks, no conversions

I changed the ad texts today. Made them imperative. Get blablabla, FREE blablabla, ACT NOW

Let's see how they respond

I'm thinking of moving away by the way. Maybe POF or a leadimpact. I'll give it just a few more bucks to go

MI
Back