The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Now Microsoft is sueing the Web Hosts for spam

Microsoft :(

As many of you know, I am not such a big Microsoft fan, I always say that in one day, Bill Gates will go to Washington and install himself in the White House. I heard a few month ago that Microsoft want to license the binary code...:) And is true...they want. :(

Ovi

the article has expired, but if you hit stop loading halfway through you can actually get the article. so i've decided to just copy and paste it here.

Microsoft has filed nine new lawsuits against those it says are responsible for spam, including a Web-hosting company that caters to people who send unsolicited e-mail, the software giant said Thursday.

With the latest batch of lawsuits, Redmond, Wash.-based Microsoft said, it is involved in more than 100 legal cases against spammers. Those cases include more than 70 lawsuits filed in the United States.

Microsoft said it filed a lawsuit last week in Washington state's King County Superior Court against Web-hosting company National Online Sales and its owner, Levon Gillespie, for offering services advertised as "bulletproof" for those seeking to send marketing e-mail. Microsoft also targeted those who used the services.

Gillespie was not immediately available for comment, and e-mails sent to his company's site were not immediately answered.

Aaron Kornblum, an attorney for Microsoft, said the Web-hosting company, which offers space on computers for serving Web pages and sending e-mail, based its operations in China so the sites would not be shut down.

"This is the first action against a Web host catering to spammers," Kornblum said. "They're providing a safe place for spammers to drive customers to."

The other recent lawsuits filed by Microsoft were against spammers sending unsolicited e-mail.

Kornblum said that by taking legal action, Microsoft is "trying to change the economics of spam" by making it costlier for spammers to continue their activities.

Microsoft has launched a barrage of suits against spammers over the past year in an attempt to curb the spread of unsolicited e-mail pitching everything from get-rich-quick schemes to herbal remedies.

Additionally, in July, a federal court ordered a California man to pay $4 million to Microsoft for allegedly using the software giant's product names fraudulently as part of a spam scheme.

;)

Monkey, thanks a lot for paste here the article, I have check myself and on the webpage was expired.

Ovi

i like microsoft....but recently its been a waste, ive noticed that no so many people use msn no more due to the release of the triallian and also Mozilla is getting better than the internet explorer, and also Macintosh are giving microsoft a hard time.

Just hope that microsoft improve and not fall behind.

rallyfan said:
i like microsoft....but recently its been a waste, ive noticed that no so many people use msn no more due to the release of the triallian and also Mozilla is getting better than the internet explorer, and also Macintosh are giving microsoft a hard time.

Just hope that microsoft improve and not fall behind.

microsoft has always had plenty of room for improvement in my opinion. instead they always seem to focus their efforts on fighting all the wrong battles and not moving forward. all they really have is power and money and once (if ever) they start losing that we will see a change in their practices.

its really up to you what you decide to stick with. either the industry standard or the one that is a cut above the rest. for me i want the best.

Keep up the good work, MS bashers.

Again, I'll continue to focus my efforts towards the IE crowd, as IE CLEARLY has the marketshare.

If some other dipchit/johnny_jackleg company, comes up with a browser, which comes CLOSE to 90% of my audience, I'll get hot, ASAP. Until then, I'll drive my Volvo S80, with leather seats, and a built in ball scratcher (LOL Ok, kidding), and laugh all the way to the bank.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, you MS haters. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is why other browsers don't concern me:

Mar 4, 2005 through Mar 10, 2005

Browsers

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 49,389 89%
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 2,342 4%
Firefox 1 1,353 2%
Netscape Navigator 7 924 2%
Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 306 1%
Mozilla 1 185 0%
Firefox 0 158 0%
Opera 7 135 0%
Crazy Browser 1 103 0%
Gecko 2 100 0%
Safari 12 99 0%
Netscape Navigator 4 46 0%
Microsoft Internet Explorer 2 25 0%
Safari 8 21 0%
Netscape Navigator 6 19 0%
NetCaptor 7 11 0%
Gecko 4 7 0%
Safari 10 4 0%
Opera 8 4 0%
Firebird 0 2 0%
Gecko 5 2 0%
Mozilla 0 2 0%
WebWasher 1 0%
Opera 6 1 0%
Microsoft Internet Explorer 3 1 0%
Gecko 3 1 0%
Other 36 0%

This is why other OSs don't concern me:

Operating Systems

Windows XP 40,525 73%
Windows 98 7,132 13%
Windows ME 3,680 7%
Windows 2000 2,733 5%
Mac OS (Power PC) 532 1%
Windows NT 170 0%
Windows 95 132 0%
Windows 2003 26 0%
Linux 26 0%
Debian 6 0%
Sun OS 2 0%
Other 315 1%

I feel the need to use the same products as my traffic does. And MS products OWN my traffic. I need to cater to the MAJORITY.

many people tend to use IE and firefox like myself, if for some reason id like to open a game (shockwave) id have to play the game on IE since firefox doesnt have that plugin already build in. The best thing about firefox is that it has tabbed browsing. Firfox also doesnt have google toolbar which is gutting to me since google is my personal best search engine there is.

Not right

rallyfan you are not right. I use Firefox and I have Google Toolbar installed. The project is named: PrGoogleBar

Ovi

do you have a link to it, i have recently used SEO open that i think eric suggested.

MI
Back