The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Nothing Beats Experience!

genuwine4532

affiliate
In my experience nothing beats experience.

In this biz there is so much to learn, read and ask questions about and there is so much information out there---most of it on this great forum :) It is easy to get caught up in the learning and not take the step of DOING.

BUT

Nothing can beat hands on experience in really understanding this business.

First, you can do all the research and learning in the world but unless you put it to use you will never really know HOW TO DO IT and fully understand it until you DO IT.

Second, in actually applying what you've learned questions come up that otherwise wouldn't and so you gain more knowledge and are able to move forward.

Third, I used to worry that if I didn't grab every possible piece of info and aspect of AM I wouldn't be able to do it. WRONG! Most of the stuff I learned did not really register when reading about them "in theory." But they did register when putting them to use "in practice." That's when things start to click into place.

Fourth, Affiliate Marketing is a business of trial and error. Afraid of failure? Who isn't? But, like many other things in life it's from the failures that you learn the most. So just DO IT, then tweak it and DO IT again, and the experience of this will be the biggest catalyst to success.

Also an important thing to keep in mind is the beauty of this business is the risks are so minimal. You don't need thousands of dollars in start up costs, in fact you can do this business with ZERO start up (ie: article marketing), so you have nothing to lose and only experience to gain!

So put to use something you've learned, like article marketing or what ever you feel comfortable with (follow the guidelines from whatever sources you're using) and just DO IT! ;)

To success in all our ventures!

Great post genuwine4532!

You made so many good points. And that's what I hear some of the big super affiliates say quite often. Once they jumped in, took some risks, made mistakes, failed and tried again they kept learning and eventually made it.

But if you stay in learning mode too long it's easy to get analysis paralysis.
So take that 1st step and just start. Start anywhere, but get started.

Nothing Beats Experience

Yes for sure, I thought I knew so much but now that I am doing it NOW I really feel that I am learning it for the first time!

I am so glad I finally jumped in!:D

There's just so many ways to make money online that experience is the best teacher. There's also your personality that comes to play. More creative types may want to build flashy websites. The writer-type may follow article marketing. Still, the numbers-types may want to try PPC. And so on.

MI
Back