The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Non-spam email newsletters

Humous

affiliate
Hello,

I've been asked to help generate a newsletter to be sent out to our list of customers/clients.

I've learnt how to generate graphics using php with gd, which means I can keep a record of who is reading the message and who is actually following up.

The concern I have is being classed as a spammer, we've had a problem in the past with one of our agents who was using "a program" to send out mass emails, which put us out of favor with the anti-spam lists.

I'm hoping that as long as we only send this to people who should be interested in our products/services, keep it short, make sure there is a working unsubscribe link and only send out say 1 a month that I should be ok.

I assume most of you have done something along these lines, have you had any problems? Any pointers?

Thanks,
Humous

Humous,
I actually think the best solutions to avoid being black listed as a spammer is to us a 3d party emailing tool like Email Marketing Solutions | VerticalResponse , they also give you lots of details about your message such as those that open it, those that did not etc. That is the way I communicate with large quantity of customers.

I used to do it from my own servers in the past but many days afterwards Iget loads of complains and we get blacklisted by some ISP as well :(

Hmm, looks like I have more to think about.

Thanks for the link Temi, I'll have a chat with them about this.

I'll let them get blacklisted instead of me :)

Humous.

They actually don't get blacklisted because they have "license to spam" from all major ISPs :)
You can show around... there are lots of companies that offer that service.

I just found that, the company which supplies our CRM package (Sugar CRM) seems to offer mailshot facilities, that's probably what triggered the powers at be to ask me to look into sending out newsletters.

banners
Back