The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Niche topics

The20cenaddict

I maybe one of the few to have a problem here. You see, I really don't have the interests that most people have. I do not participate in any sports, music, internet social sites. I do not use any type of cell phone related device. No I-anything. I don't even have a credit card or checking account. So, I am having a hard time picking a niche subject to go after, or to write about, or to even recommend. Clickbank is supposed to be such a big deal, but most is related to e books, etc. I do have a photography hobby, and I do photo restoration. But I am cheap, and only use freeware programs, except for the major essentials. So I cannot really recommend major shareware type stuff, which people would spend money on. I do like to research historical municipal photos on the internet, but that doesn't relate to a 'pay for' item. Since I do not purchase the average consumer product, the niche subject is eluding me. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks. David

David,

It sounds like you're trying to find a reason NOT to have a niche. You can literally start working with any niche - food you like, hobbies you have, places you've been, items you use, favorite restaurants, favorite types of nightlife. WHATEVER.

To be honest, your first project will probably not make money for a while as you learn the ropes. I wouldn't worry too much about finding the "perfect" niche when getting started. Just pick something you enjoy writing about and get moving. As you learn more, you'll understand what works and what doesn't. That will be the time to start worrying about profitable niches and moving on to your next project.

surely you are interested in something. It simply takes a little "soul searching" to find something that you feel inclined to write about in a new and exciting way.

whats a niche anyway?

Hi David,

I agonised for a while in finding a niche. I read many forums by these =IM professionals.'

Turns out that the the majority of them are business people and have NO interest in what they are selling, This helps keep them detached, but they can also go after any money making topic then.

As for me, I only have websites about things that I feel strongly about. this means you can interconnect them too. It also means that you can research and write articles about them with more authority.

But of course you dont need to do that, affiliate marketing is finding sites that are willing to pay you money to flog their product and you selling that on your site. All you need to do is cruise the affiliate aggression sites and find something that you think you can compete in. A niche by definition will have lower volumes but will allow you to compete.

MI
Back