The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Niche Screening Process

SV90

So I have chosen my niche I would like to build upon and was wondering if this is an effective approach of doing it. The niche represents a series of different products for one specific purpose, which I have personal experience and knowledge with. I will number my process.

1. The keyword I would like to rank for pulls in about 33,000 searches a month.
2. Using that keyword in google I came across one competitor on the first page that is an affiliate for amazon(also what I plan on doing). The content on that website seems pretty good but the layout is a little bit confusing, everything seems to be kind of scattered on the front page.
3. After looking up that competitor on similarweb I can see that website pulls in an average of 65,000 visitors a month and has a bounce rate of 55%. Also it should be noted that all that traffic is organic coming from google search.
4. Doing a bit of searching on amazon some of these niche products fall under the best sellers in my category, which I think is good?

So I after that I feel pretty confident of targeting this niche, what do you guys think? Did I miss anything?

My plan from here would be to rank up with my competitor plus offer a clean interface, a forum, and a mailing list for all new upcoming products. Which none of those are offered with my competitor.

Also I did a little bit of math to give me an idea for profit not sure how reliable this is.

65,000(visitors)*0.05(5% conversion on those visitors)=3250 buyers/month

3250(buyers)*20(product cost)=$65,000\month

$65,000*0.08(8% amazon affiliate commission percentage)=$5200 for myself/month rough estimate.

What do you guys think? Now some of the products range from $20 upwards to $1000+ and conversion rate I thought I set pretty low so I wanted to set the bar more towards the bottom of the scale then upper.

Anyways let me know if you if you guys think I'm on the right track and as always suggestions are always welcome.

sounds like a plan.
my two cents
make sure two or more affiliate sites exist in top 10 search result with thin content ( like low key word density etc ..)
back links.

wishing you all the best. Please share your results

sounds like a plan.
my two cents
make sure two or more affiliate sites exist in top 10 search result with thin content ( like low key word density etc ..)
back links.

wishing you all the best. Please share your results

Thanks for the input, actually that's almost exactly what I find when I search my targeted keyword. So I'm going with it. I will keep this updated once I get things going further.

Any update on your progress SV90. It's been a while since you have updated your journal.

Hi internalsoul, thanks for your interest I wish I had something worthwhile to update. I was working quite well towards this and constantly making progress but have had some personal events slow me down lately. I was hoping to be up and running before christmas but won't be at this point. Nonetheless I did get my webhosting set up and along with my domain. I also got some content published, set up a mailing list, and a forum set up. Unfortunately just not enough yet to launch. But slowly and surely it's coming together. I hope I can post an update sooner then later when I make my first dollar.

It seems like you are an organized person and you did some research which is one thing that a lot of people do not do before they jump into something. I have always been a big fan of research and knowledge because that is where the real power in a plan comes from.

I also set out to do things and get them rolling sooner rather than later but then things happen and setbacks can show up so I know how that goes. At least you have got the ball rolling and that is a lot more than many people do. Too many people out there have a plan that they never get going. I am sure yours will be a success based on what I have read/seen.

Good luck. ;)

It seems like you are an organized person and you did some research which is one thing that a lot of people do not do before they jump into something. I have always been a big fan of research and knowledge because that is where the real power in a plan comes from.

I also set out to do things and get them rolling sooner rather than later but then things happen and setbacks can show up so I know how that goes. At least you have got the ball rolling and that is a lot more than many people do. Too many people out there have a plan that they never get going. I am sure yours will be a success based on what I have read/seen.

Good luck. ;)

Thanks for the inspiration and kind words, I hope I can deliver but even then I can always take something from my experience. Even now I've learned so much just by doing what I've done. I'll keep you updated.

Watching this thread...

Is it a review site?

Yes it is a review site, along with a forum to help people with the specific product and how to use it effectively. Bringing in traffic and hopefully keeping them coming back. I use these line of products on a day to day basis professionally which gives me that expert appeal.

Thanks for the inspiration and kind words, I hope I can deliver but even then I can always take something from my experience. Even now I've learned so much just by doing what I've done. I'll keep you updated.
You are most welcome! ;)

As far as taking something away from your experience, that's something that I always try to do and it can help keep a positive outlook on things. If you didn't achieve what you were hoping for but you are able to learn something and especially something that can help achieve future success then that's at least one positive that was achieved! ;)

Well I've been working away at the site and it's almost ready to go online, which then will take time to rank. One of the last few things before I go online is getting the disclaimer, privacy policy, and all that legal stuff put on the site. Put in the right place on the site, and the right wording. I am simply learning as I go and going off of good information I can find. Any good tips regarding that? Otherwise I'll get it soon enough, this whole thing has been a learning experience.

So I have chosen my niche I would like to build upon and was wondering if this is an effective approach of doing it. The niche represents a series of different products for one specific purpose, which I have personal experience and knowledge with. I will number my process.

1. The keyword I would like to rank for pulls in about 33,000 searches a month.
2. Using that keyword in google I came across one competitor on the first page that is an affiliate for amazon(also what I plan on doing). The content on that website seems pretty good but the layout is a little bit confusing, everything seems to be kind of scattered on the front page.
3. After looking up that competitor on similarweb I can see that website pulls in an average of 65,000 visitors a month and has a bounce rate of 55%. Also it should be noted that all that traffic is organic coming from google search.
4. Doing a bit of searching on amazon some of these niche products fall under the best sellers in my category, which I think is good?

So I after that I feel pretty confident of targeting this niche, what do you guys think? Did I miss anything?

My plan from here would be to rank up with my competitor plus offer a clean interface, a forum, and a mailing list for all new upcoming products. Which none of those are offered with my competitor.

Also I did a little bit of math to give me an idea for profit not sure how reliable this is.

65,000(visitors)*0.05(5% conversion on those visitors)=3250 buyers/month

3250(buyers)*20(product cost)=$65,000\month

$65,000*0.08(8% amazon affiliate commission percentage)=$5200 for myself/month rough estimate.

What do you guys think? Now some of the products range from $20 upwards to $1000+ and conversion rate I thought I set pretty low so I wanted to set the bar more towards the bottom of the scale then upper.

Anyways let me know if you if you guys think I'm on the right track and as always suggestions are always welcome.
sharing

So it's been about a year since I started this whole journey and I would like to update and close this post essentially. I will be starting a new journey with more confidence and knowledge hoping for inspiring results but we all know what this business is all about, persistence is key.

So in the end I really made nothing from my SEO niche content marketing. But my results are in direct proportion to the effort I put into this journey. So I only have myself to blame, however I don't regret it one bit as this journey was not that hard on my wallet and what I learned outweighed the cost. After a few months into it my effort in creating content greatly decreased and I just lost a lot of interest to be honest. Maybe this direction was just not for me.. and now I know that.

One thing I haven't stopped doing however is keeping myself connected into this business. Recently I had a AHA!! moment and I look forward to getting back into but I won't cover that here. I will start a new journey and maybe link it here when I post it. But all in all my spirits are still strong, I've learned a lot over the year, and I encourage everyone that has their goals to keep at it and don't give up. The community here is also great and a lot can be learned if you just pay attention. Goodbye for now.

banners
Back