The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Niche, good or not?

Azura

affiliate
Hello!

I was thinking of starting a new blog with a different niche. Since I'm Vietnamese, I was thinking of blogging about something related to that. So I thought of blogging about Vietnamese food.. meaning whenever or whatever I eat, I'll post up photos of it and just write about it.. I did a quick search with the GTrends Tool and got 134 searches for the keywords: "vietnamese food".

I'm still new at this, so I'm not sure if this is an even worth it niche. Can someone give me some tips if this is a good one? If not, than how should I go about finding one that works or worth trying?

A couple of ideas to get you started...

Go to Amazon, and type in vietnamese food. How many books come up? If there's a selection of mainstream book titles, there's probably money being spent in the niche.

Go to Magazines.com and do the same thing.

But don't let that be your "go, no go" to get started.

Go to Shopping.com, scroll down to the bottom of the main page, and click on the link in the bottom set of links that says "top searches"...are people looking for things related to the niche you want to market in (hint: click on "Food and Drink" first in the list that comes up)?

I'm giving away one here, but click on this link vietnamese food Food and Drink - Compare Prices and Buy vietnamese food Food and Drink at Shopping.com

That was a search on Shopping.com for "vietnamese food".

Look at the results. Do you see enough there to plan and create an affiliate business around?

Then...and most importantly...ask people.

Talk to people outside of the 'net about vietnamese food (not your business unless it's other business people, many people still wonder how you can make money with this "internet thing).

Listen to what they say. See if there could be enough interest.

There's a ton more on "niche discovery", this only scratches the scratch of the surface, but it should get you started with ideas for this niche...or other ones. :)

Yea thats spot on! Do some research.
Check out amazon, squidoo, shopping.com and general cooking sites. Find out what people are looking for and how much competition is out there.
Give me a yell if you need some more hints.
J.

I love this one Vietnamese dish and get it every time I find a Vietnamese restaurant. (There aren't many around here.) It's the grilled pork with vermicelli, crushed peanuts, veggies and mint leaves. Um Um Good!

Anyway, one thing I would think about for this niche is why you want to blog? Is it to earn money or just to blog more as a hobby? Because I don't see many products you could promote to earn income other than maybe some Vietnamese cookbooks. So it seems to me the earnings could be rather limited. But if you are doing it more as a hobby and to learn to be a blogger it could be a great topic.

Hi,

if I were you, I would try to focus on a group of people instead of the "product" itself.

Some good examples are:

- Women over 40 (they need a whole bunch of stuff: lose weight, whiten their teeth, improve their relationship, cure the headache, menopause stuff, etc.)

- Students (dating, loans, college stuff, exercising, lower stress, etc.)

- Dog owners (they need to train the dogs, make them stop barking, get rid of bad breath, etc.).

By doing it this way, you have topics to work on in the future, and there`s so much money you can make.

Now, by focusing on the "topic" instead of the "people", you just give yourself 1 way to make money. What if it does not work? You quit? Or go to another one? Any of these options will "cost" you months.

So I just suggest you narrow down your topic to the niche of people.

Good luck!

From your post, it seems as if you like talking about what you eat, so do it.
remember that when your blog is centered around a topic like "vietnamese food", you can also post other posts related to only "food" and o also with "Vietnamese" which should make your blog kind of centered around "Vietnamese Cultures and Events" and then you can monetize it with a PPC ad network like Google Adsense.

banners
Back