The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

[News] Facebook Removing Right Side Ads

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
SocialMediaToday (article by Andrew Hutchinson) reports that over the past few weeks, Facebook has been testing new page layouts for desktop viewing. They're trying to make their desktop and mobile pages to more closely resemble each other.

One of the things that will be most obvious to those of us who promote via FB ads, will be the removal of right side ads on desktop pages.

Why are they being removed?

Because although desktop ad revenue is $936.2 million, up 5%, "Its contribution of Facebook's overall ad revenue dropped to 18 percent - a result of fewer total desktop ad impressions being served in the quarter."

The good news for mobile ad users, is that 82% of FB's ad revenue comes from mobile, so that's probably going to stay safe.

According to the article, the right side desktop page ads are very minor when compared to News Feed ads. Plus, the removal of them will allow more space for cover/profile and call-to-actions, thus making the pages more attractive. And FB is counting on that to increase ad sales.

Takeaway
I think the last line of the article sums things up well:

"As always in Facebook, change remains constant and adaptation is a must."

You can read the article in its entirety here: Facebook’s Testing a New, Ad-Free Desktop Page Layout

Will this affect your FB ad strategy?

At least I have no problems with it. For me it's just a new development which we have to accept, and I can't think it will be bad since Mark Zuckerberg wants to stay successfully also in future.

My opinion is that it will be good, and will in the long term ensure the success of Facebook, and therefore also our own success ;)

At least I have no problems with it. For me it's just a new development which we have to accept, and I can't think it will be bad since Mark Zuckerberg wants to stay successfully also in future.

My opinion is that it will be good, and will in the long term ensure the success of Facebook, and therefore also our own success ;)
Of course it has no problem for you lol, it's none of your business, it's just a challenge to Mark Zuckerberg.
You said like you're the boss and challenging your users. LOL

Wow Mobile users is 4/5 of total user? OMG.

Marc:"Let's try messing the desktop ads and see what will happen, well I have no problems with messing with them."

Their objective makes sense...desktop and mobile more similiar...plus I'm sure they will find a way to make this make them even MORE ad revenue which is good for everyone in this forum

Their objective makes sense...desktop and mobile more similiar...plus I'm sure they will find a way to make this make them even MORE ad revenue which is good for everyone in this forum

I agree with both of those things.

What I'm wondering is if the right side ads removal is a big deal for advertisers.

Thanks for sharing with us the information because it is very valuable. I will say that as the internet marketers, one of our traits should always to be flexible. In this context is how best you can be able to flow with the trends in the market today. I am so sure that we can be able to embrace the mobile platforms now that it is evident the users of the Facebook have changed from desktop to mobile users. I will be carrying out more research on the subject and the best way to go about it.

I will say that as the internet marketers, one of our traits should always to be flexible.

I agree! The world moves fast these days. Keep up or get left behind.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if things slowed down a bit. :D But if this is how we want to make our living, keeping up and evolving with changes is important.

Marc:"Let's try messing the desktop ads and see what will happen, well I have no problems with messing with them."

Ha, I can imagine your kind of ads very well ...

Paco-the-Battle-Fly.jpg

or ...

papua-new-guinea-men-waterfall-2.jpg

:D

Last edited:
banners
Back