The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbies are like sponges I think

Stonechik

affiliate
Hi everyone, this is such a great site I wish I had found it a lot sooner. Wow, others who want to help others in finding their way to their future. I am a Dispute Resolution Practitioner, but for the last ten years I have been teaching a class for free in niching and recently someone asked why I don?t charge for it. It was something I just wanted to do to help others, something I really do well, and I never thought about that until I realized that some were making a good living with what I helped them do. So I am taking the next step that I think will help in my own niching and this looks to be the route I want to go. I look forward to chatting with you all and sharing much wanted information:)

Hi Stonechik,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us and thanks for the nice comments.

I'm with minstrel - what's niching???

So what does the title of this topic "Newbies are like sponges I think" implies stonechick?
Its your first post anyway and you are welcome lol.

Hi Again!

Hello again, first, lexdino, I just feel that new people, like me, want to learn and see so much that the more they are given the more they absorb and second, about the question on niching, here's a not so short version to that..

Again, who knew there were others out there doing what I was doing, helping others figure it out.

I deal with a seasoned crowd of people, not very many young people are involved in the Dispute Resolution community. If they have been in the field a while, they might want to change or add to what they are doing. If they are new to the field, they might be looking for a market that they can grow with.

My class usually consists of 30 to 40 people. It?s all about helping them to focus or figure out what their niche might be. I get a lot of ? I am doing this but I need a little something more? or ?I am tired of doing what I am doing and I have been doing it so long, I have no idea what else to do or where to start finding something else I can do.?

I introduce them to net search tools such as search engines.

I help them come up with ideas and even help research Marketing their Niche, not just on the net, but including the net.

I introduce them to types of business and marketing plans that are out there once they decide on a niche.

I help them research the laws or guidelines that govern that market.

I guess the full monty is ?It has actually helped people get a practice of their own up and running and that?s been my main objective. It has been all about helping others figure it out so they can take that leap out into a field they can deal with. So far, knock on wood, it?s been a good thing.

This forum is great because I see others talking about what I have been talking about for years. i.e. 1) pick a niche for yourself that you are passionate about, not something you won?t be happy with, it might not work, 2) might not want to quit your day job until your up and running well because it might not pay well or even at all at first, 3) research to see if your niche is something that others might want, 4) be ready to change and adapt to situations because you might need to tweak or change mid stream because something else might work better, etc. etc. etc.

I am also a professional and technical writer. I write articles for associations? webpage?s, I prepare agendas and brochures for events, etc. I have been working on my own webpage and I am pretty excited about it. I have gotten some great ideas from this website concerning that. I feel I might be able to add to and learn from this forum, it?s already given me some great ideas and I?ve even started forming some questions of my own.

Wow, the above looks like I am selling something, I am not, I promise. I am ok with sharing what I know, but this is what I am talking about when I say niching. :p

Thanks, stonechik.

I have to admit the title of your thread sounded like the beginning of a stand-up comedy routine...

"Newbies are like sponges. There's never one around when you need to get a splat of ketchup off your back between your shoulder blades."

...or something :D

Thanks for welcoming me

LOL your right that would have been the perfect lead in, bad part is, I am just the sort of person that either remembers the punch line and not the joke or vice versa... thanks for the warm welcome and I really look forward to the interaction with you all. :p

banners
Back