The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

newbie trying to promote affiliate site. Need comments for improvement.

belisma

affiliate
hi everyone,

thank you for reading this.

i just setup this my affiliate program, and i was wondering how could i promote it. i have try it looking at some website like comission junction, but they are way to expensive, so i was wondering if there are any other ways i could promote it.

currently my affiliate is setup as tier1 25% sale. tier2 15% - tier3 10% - tier4 5%.

i was thinking in setting up tier1 25% sale. for every sale of $500 that tier2 makes tier1 earns $100. and for every sale of $500 that tier3 makes, tier 1 earn $50.

let me know if i should change anything or how i can improve. als let me know how can i promote.

i thank you in advance to everyone.

PS: by the way my website is belisma.com

Hi belisima,

Welcome to 5 star. I'm a little pressed for time, will try to give you more info later. Site is gorgeous but a couple comments. Affiliate page on your site says 15% instead of 25% like you posted here.

Strong recommendation - drop the tiered structure. More than 2 tiers is considered MLM not affiliate marketing. Plus most strong affiliates know that their 2nd tier won't do much. 2 tier programs can work OK with webmaster tool type programs but not products like yours. I would drop the tiers and pay out as much as you can on 1st tier. More later.

Thanks,

thank you for the info.

hi linda,

i really appreciate the feed back. i have changed my website to 25% 1st tier, and 15% second tier. I also have changed the 15% to 25% on the info.

so what you are saying is that i should make about 35% 1st tier and 5% second tier?

how about points, i was thinking in award points for every sale and every affiliate recruited so they get bonus money.

thank you for your time

Hi there,

Actually for your type of product I would just drop the 2nd tier also. I don't know your margins - but put as much as you can into the 1st tier and drop the rest. Another idea is to offer, for example 25% base but 35% to affiliates that generate over $X,XXX in sales each month. That is if you can do it with your tracking solution. This way you are paying all affiliates well but automatically giving supers a raise that meet performance goals. That way in your promo copy you can say you pay out 25-35% which sounds better.

so what you are saying is to have 1st tier 35% and for every $1000 they would get $100 bonus?

do you think that would motivate affiliate to join?

also i was making some research on the web and there are many sites that promise to find super affiliates fo you. Did you had any experience with these programs?

Thank you for all your help,

i really do appreciated.

banners
Back