The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Newbie needs solid advice from AM rockstar.

SirOdds

hey all,

First of all, let me just say that after a few days reading this forum as much as possible to get back up to current state of affairs, I am amazed at how friendly and cooperative this forum feels! Congratulations to the mods and admins!

I'm about to kick off my second attempt at AM. I started and soon quit 4 years ago due to information overload + lack of support.

I'm not entirely a newbie as 4 years ago I went full on, joined Peerfly, I'm great with wordpress and tried setting it all up ... but I hit the cold brick wall of not understanding traffic source and how to drive it for conversion.

Long story short - I'm back and I'm NOT quitting this time. I need to take action ASAP.

I have a pet project that I'd like to keep 100% white hat - great to get my feet wet again, learn to read the metrics, how to buy traffic, learn how to A/B, etc. - and then truly apply it.

Here is the pet project;

My mom recently joined a network marketing beauty product company that is making waves. They have brilliant marketing material and videos, and above all, a ready-made fabulous web-shop that pays out 30-45% commissions.

Seems ideal for me to get started on my extremely low budget as a testing ground - hopefully drive some sales and make my mom some cash.

Since I'm not going through affiliate networks, no real need to cloak URLs, am I correct to assume that Facebook ads are ok without the risk of a ban? The destination URL looks something like this

my-moms-username.top-level-domain-name.com/lang-LANG/product-name

I'd really like to get started ASAP to learn the ropes. I'm starting to suffer from info overload again! :(

What advice would you give me for this trial run? Please correct me if I'm wrong

- Facebook ads are ok?
- No need for a tracker since I'm not on an affiliate network?
- No need for spy tools since I'm not competing - Top 10 google results are almost virgin for +buy(in my language) +best_seller_product
- Demographics is pretty much known
- Would Adsbridge free trial be a waste for this? Or the contrary? Please bear in mind I am on a very tight budget right now, so after the free trial, unless I have converted well, I'm back to basics (depiste nore knowledge) - I'd like to make the Adsbridge free trial count ! Your opinion?
- Something obvious I'm missing?

Last edited:
BEWARE of Facebook ads. Since it is a network marketing company, or MLM, Facebook has been very strict with company or products that are related to NM. So you need to put up ads that don't perceive as a NM.

Could you please elaborate more on how you relate the NM products to affiliate marketing?

@Eric Jee - exactly! That is why I ask. Thanks for the reply.

Then what on earth can one advertise on FB then?

It is not a NM company, their model for sales is. And certainly not one of those dodgy multi-level schemes. It's a very clean operation with superb beauty and health products. It's a physical product that can only be sold on a one-to-one basis (even online), meaning, they have a strict policy not to wholesale. They distribute direct, or through individual distributers. And their best seller sells like hot-cakes.

Since the keywords "buy" and "their_best_selling_product" is basically virgin territory on the top 10 for my GEO, I thought to create funnels to my Mum's e-commerce platform, actually apply creating a campaign but off a network. Buying some traffic and analysing the numbers. Not spending too much cash before and the grind of learning landing pages, buying traffic and tracking and split testing, demographics etc - with a very low ROI risk, long term campaign, slowly scalable... One of the strategies would be FB either to a very clean landing, or direct to the shop - I'm reading up of FB policies right now

As soon as I actually pull that off (and actually see numbers in action), I'd be confident to actually jump into the lion's den :affiliatefix: choose a vertical, do kw research, spy tools, buy traffic data and then scale up.

The amount of money to actually do AM properly is extremely intimidating, I really do need to start low and scale up. I don't have much margin for failure, though I am expecting it - just trying to minimize it.

Last edited:
banners
Back