The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbie interested in making huge life changes.

Lise

affiliate
I've been around affiliate marketing for at least 8 years, but gave up a few years ago because of scammers and unscrupulous programs that promised big bucks but delivered nothing.
I came across Jay's videos on YouTube and thought he seemed a straight talker, no BS and no lies.
Then I found this forum.

So here I am.

I've been around affiliate marketing for at least 8 years, but gave up a few years ago because of scammers and unscrupulous programs that promised big bucks but delivered nothing.
I came across Jay's videos on YouTube and thought he seemed a straight talker, no BS and no lies.
Then I found this forum.

So here I am.

Welcome to AffiliateFix @Lise , great to have you join us.

You are with a large family here at the Fix!

Myself, and any seasoned marketer, will tell you to use this forum as a mentor because it is full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Thank you TJ, I appreciate the welcome.
Looks like I have a lot to read.

I just came here too, discovered IM and AM in August, and was hanging out on BHW mostly....

I'm not sure where to start without money though, and even then a lot of the products and offers are not things I am whole hearted about.

I know a lot about supplements, biochemistry, physiology, psychology, I mean just a HUGE amount of different topics, but I want to create legit products(supplements) for people. Products that I NEED MYSELF RIGHT NOW that I know how to create(as far as ingredients go)... Soon though! I think it's gonna take some start up money...

Also this forum is by the most friendliest place I've been to, the least amount of trolling, etc....

I would start by chatting with people who don't seem like they are trying to make money off of you, but are willing to help you help yourself.

The youtube channel of affiliate fix may be worth checking out as well, I really enjoyed the "how to make $100 a day with mobile". It's a video about how to use a program that steals mobile ads and how to do more than just "copy and hope it works", like totally just using the data to your advantage for your own similar campaigns... Pretty detailed, huge implications of where to start with that vertical(mobile apps)....

I`ve Googled affiliate programs for the things that I want to promote (and make $$ from), but not sure they would work here. There seems to be many affiliate programs available here. Not sure yet if I will try the ones here or go solo as I am still reading many of the threads for ideas and understanding.

I`ve Googled affiliate programs for the things that I want to promote (and make $$ from), but not sure they would work here. There seems to be many affiliate programs available here. Not sure yet if I will try the ones here or go solo as I am still reading many of the threads for ideas and understanding.

I am an Newbie as well. But I would suggest limiting the amount of time you spending reading else you will get paralysis by analysis and take no action. You don't need to know everything to start. If your still unsure after an hour of reading then identify 1 person or method and follow their advice. They will teach you the steps to take, but you need to take the action in order to really learn.

I am an Newbie as well. But I would suggest limiting the amount of time you spending reading else you will get paralysis by analysis and take no action. You don't need to know everything to start. If your still unsure after an hour of reading then identify 1 person or method and follow their advice. They will teach you the steps to take, but you need to take the action in order to really learn.

Paralysis by analysis... I like that saying. I will stop reading everything as though I am studying for an exam and will find a person and follow along and learn that way.
Thanks, :)
How does one find someone?

Im also new here! Just launched my site and got approved by maxbounty and peerfly. I am excited and nervous about getting started. My end goal is to be completely self employed and to travel the world. HERE WE GO!

Im also new here! Just launched my site and got approved by maxbounty and peerfly. I am excited and nervous about getting started. My end goal is to be completely self employed and to travel the world. HERE WE GO!
I would love to travel too, and I am hoping that AM will allow me to do that.

Paralysis by analysis... I like that saying. I will stop reading everything as though I am studying for an exam and will find a person and follow along and learn that way.
Thanks, :)
How does one find someone?

Check the tutorials and case studies on this site as a good place to start. They should list the exact steps which have been taken. As soon as you see a post from someone who looks like they know what they are doing I suggest you reach out to them. Start a campaign and ask them specific questions around it. Most people are very helpful and will be more than willing to help out someone learning providing they are actually running campaigns and doing the hard work.

Im launching my first bing campaign tonight. I would appreciate any advice and I hope it goes well!

how about posting your bing campaign into the journey section of this website. keep some of the info (keywords, niche, etc) that you feel need to be secure out of the journey but if you post your stats (CTR, CR, CPC, etc) then maybe people can help out and provide some guidance.

By the way good work for taking action ... and good luck with the campaign.

how about posting your bing campaign into the journey section of this website. keep some of the info (keywords, niche, etc) that you feel need to be secure out of the journey but if you post your stats (CTR, CR, CPC, etc) then maybe people can help out and provide some guidance.

By the way good work for taking action ... and good luck with the campaign.
Thanks You! I will post my campaign there and I'll post it here as well so it could help out some newbies

Wow just realised that if you want to make money with CPA marketing you need a large budget. Im on a low budget. Do you guys know ways to get cheap/free traffic to your CPA offers?

Wow just realised that if you want to make money with CPA marketing you need a large budget. Im on a low budget. Do you guys know ways to get cheap/free traffic to your CPA offers?

Well I am doing it on $5 a day. That's a small budget. You can find my thread in the journey section. I got a 30 day ad placement for $0.01. That is 1 penny for 30 days of advertising. That is not a big budget.

free traffic can be sourced from many places but its much harder work. Twitter, facebook, forums, etc. There is a lot of information on that around the place.

Then I found this forum.

So here I am.

Hello dear and welcome to this forum as your problems and worries will be solved here and we are not just forum members we are like a family here....... we help the newbies and make them to learn and solve their problems if they have any....... as you are new here but you seems to be experienced as you have done this before a long year for long years.. so i don't say that you are newbie but you may be newbie on this forum....... you can make $$$$$ and many here and find suggestions for better problem solution... As soon as you have launched yourself that means you can launch anything here.... because launching yourself is much tough than launching other thing.. :p ..... whenever you want to launch or something or you have any problem regarding your work feel free to post here.........

Im launching my first bing campaign tonight. I would appreciate any advice and I hope it goes well!

BEst of luck for launching your first bing campaign and hope that it will return back to you in best....... and second thing please share your views here and then have your advice.... because experience is the key for success in any business whether it is online or offline and in this forum experience in too much.... people here are experienced and helpful... when you launch it doo tell all the members about its progress and how it's going.... i wish you a best of luck for this project and the future projects....

Well I am doing it on $5 a day. That's a small budget. You can find my thread in the journey section. I got a 30 day ad placement for $0.01. That is 1 penny for 30 days of advertising. That is not a big budget.

free traffic can be sourced from many places but its much harder work. Twitter, facebook, forums, etc. There is a lot of information on that around the place.
Can I please have the link your thread?

banners
Back