The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New number 3 search engine

temi

affiliate
Should Microsoft acquisition of Yahoo go through, MSN and Yahoo will be merged into one, this leave room for a new number 3 search engines.

Take out your crystal ball, who do you see becoming the new number 3?

MSN and Yahoo existing independently and offering slightly tailored results from the same shared datacentres is a more likely outcome IMO. Both would be enhanced and make up ground on Google which would or at least should be accellerated by sharing their technologies.

I had a doubt that this merger (if succeed) will have any impact on Google. Microsoft doesn't have a good record in past :D

They have acquired hotmail for $400 million but failed to make it the market leader in email space. Even today Hotmail users are still confused with live ID or Passport.

In comparison Google have more user friendly options and it saves time as well as have the most powerful search technology. To me Google will soon eat up the competition until and unless some one come up with a better search technology. That's the dominance, No #2nd or #3rd SE.

I think that sounds like and excellent way to move forward should MS succeed in acquiring Yahoo.
But I really cannot see the two companies sharing/enhancing technologies helping them to gain grounds on Google, I am not sure Google's dominance is due to technologies alone, its also about innovation and rolling things out very quickly, Yahoo for example is yet to roll out YPN world wide over one year after it was released in US.

Anyway, should the merget go ahead, Yahoo and MSN will be counted as one, that leaves room for a new number three, could ASK fill this position?

Anyway, should the merget go ahead, Yahoo and MSN will be counted as one, that leaves room for a new number three, could ASK fill this position?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

UKWW-SEARCH
would be a good idea what do you guys think ???

Mike :yahoo:​

There was rumblings of a Wikipedia-like search engine. I think that could be number 3, largely because it'll be different.

Wikipedia-like search, that would be interesting, if its a volunteer run thing like Wikipedia, it will have a lot of hurdles to over come to make it.

I think they may gain a little working together, but I, like many use Google because it is simple. You do not have loads of stuff on the front page and then 5 adverts before and after the top 10 search results confusing the issue etc.

I hope everyone got your little clue about promoting on Ask...:D

As a matter of fact I better go and register account there right now... :scooter:

banners
Back