The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New Blog theme..

KingPin36

..I was getting a little bored with the old theme so I decided to download a template from Wordpress, butcher it a little and see what the end result was.

So I would like anyones and everyones opinion on the "new" theme.

Bear in mind I am not a designer (which will show) nor am I a coder.

I have a few more things I would like to add but it's almost there.

If you click on one of the thread titles as if your going to make a comment, just below the finished article you will see....

Money Making Options

• Monetise your blog with text ads
Still trying to work out how to remove that!! Apart from that I'm almost there(ish).

Please review my blog

Thank you in advance.

KP

I like it but the 3 columns although nice don't go with the header which looks as though its designed to go with a 2 column blog?

other than that everything looks aces :)

Yeah it was a free one from the wordpress theme gallery.

I know the header looks crap, I'm still yet to suss out how to make it look a bit better by removing the space above the banners and brining the text down a little so it sits on top of the banner.

Hope that makes sense lol.

Xhan your probably right. I have the option to change it to a 2 column but I like the 3 column one. Again, my coding skills are limited so its a case of opening the selected file, throwing a bit of chewing gum at my screen so it sticks and removing that bit of code where the gum landed.

Then see what I end up with.

TB, I do actually have that theme.

Now and again I like messing about with Photoshop so that's why I opted for a free one so I could butcher it to death.

If anyone has any ideas about the header, please let me know?

Thank you Cryxellis, Clang, Xhan and TB for your comments so far.

KP

you'll probably hate me for suggesting this but why not consider 3 column k2? very easy to customise just change the header and the colours of the links and it looks pretty good.

or as a quick solution why not center the header? or have the right hand side fade to white? (although that could look a little weird!!)

Lol no, all suggestions considered!! Yeah I will play about with the header tonight at some point.

I'll get it fixed soon(ish).

KP

ahh I've just realised the headers a random image! awesome!

Yeah, have to say I agree with xhan, if you just increase it over it would look so much better.

As one of the (Feedburner suggested) 26 subscribers, I enjoy the content - it's nice to follow people who actually have half a clue about SEO - so that's fine. Long may it continue!

MI
Back