The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Need some help to get started

Damikaz

affiliate
Hey guys,

Let me begin by saying that I am rather new to the whole "making money online". Right now, I am still at the step of planning my first project.

My first project will be a website to try to reach 10$ in revenue per month within the first 3 months. To achieve this, I've decided to start an Adsense website on a niche that I was able to find using Long Tail Pro Platinum; the niche has a few search terms with an average keyword competition below 35 and above 1000 monthly search.

Now, my main problem lies in structuring my whole project... Should I get a single domain hosting plan for each of my projects or would it be better to get a multi-domain hosting plan? Is there any risk in having multiple of my money sites on the same hosting (so same IP most likely...)? I've often read that for PBNs for example, it's better to host them on different IP... So I would like to know if it's the same for money sites.

For Adsense, is it okay to have multiple money sites on the same Adsense account or should I try to somehow get more than 1 account?

Finally, when you try to boost your SEO rank a bit using stuff like expired Tumblr, do we need to buy 1 proxy for each expired Tumblr or are there some other good ways, less expensive to proceed?

TL;DR
  • Is it better to host multiple money sites on the same hosting plan (same IP most likely) or is it risky?
  • Is it better to have a single Adsense account or should I try to get more than one?
  • As far as using expired web 2.0 like Tumblr goes, do we need to get 1 proxy for each different expired site or are there less expensive solutions to this?

Thanks all!

Hi @Damikaz,
- A monthly competition of less than 35 is far too low. At least 50 is the absolute minimum.

- Multiple domains at one host should be no prob. Good hosting companies are no idiots, i.e. they know about their possible problems more than the usual blogger. But nevertheless, if you have the money go for a VPS.

- I don't remember how it was exactly on AdSense, but you should always (!!) try to get a different account for each campaign. That's always better for a later split-testing and the tracking. Anyway, you should align your AdSense according to your different keywords.

Hey there, thanks for the reply.

I am not sure I understand why I should try to get higher competition keywords? As a beginner, a good monthly local search and low average keyword competition should prove to be easier no?

As far as Adsense goes, would you be able to provide some insights on how to create multiple accounts? Does it means that I would need a different phone number and credit card for each account?

Thanks again! :)

Exactly this does Google for you :)

For AdSense you will find all your info here in the Help Center: AdSense Help

Managing multiple sites you will find here: Manage your sites in AdSense - AdSense Help

Enjoy reading :)

Well, this seems to mainly cover running multiple sites on the same AdSense account, which makes sense... My interrogation was more about having multiple AdSense accounts. According to the AdSense page, "Publishers are only allowed to maintain one AdSense account under the same payee name." So, according to Google, we should only have 1 account with multiple websites connected to it.

Managing multiple websites under 1 account isn't the same as having multiple accounts managing 1 website each ;).

If having only 1 AdSense account and multiple websites in it is the way to go, I'm fine then. But if I need to go against Google "correct use" and have multiple accounts with 1 website each, then I'm not sure how to proceed...

Thanks

If multiple sites are not sufficient for you, I would simple try to open a second account for the beginning. You will definitely need a second (or more) gmail- or email addresses, but you will definitely also get another Publisher-ID and Channel-ID by AdSense.
Simple give it a shot, then you will see, whether it works or not. But begin only with a second account, not with multiple. That you can do later ;)

Ah good point, I can always scale it up later :)

Waiting for a return from my host now... I will go with the multiple domain plan, start with a professional blog that I will put more time and efforts, writing quality articles and a money-oriented site which will mainly be a test. I am a bit hesitant about VPS vs Shared Hosting, but I think I might go with VPS... I do not believe that I will be making risk-free money anyway ;)

@Damikaz I had made money with adsense sites earlier . So here is my straight answer. You won't have any problem hosting multiple sites on a shared hosting with same adsense accounts as long as you don't break the TOS of google Adsense. If you can afford separate IP for each of your domain then you have the advantage. Now, when it comes to PBN it becomes difficult as google don't like PBN. I guess, you are mixing the idea of PBN with blogging with multiple domain. PBN generally stands for private blogging network, where a network publishes a set of articles to a network of blogs to drive more link juice to a particular site(money site) to gain search engine ranking. Google has cracked down on all major PBN.

So instead of focusing on PBN, just focus on your money sites. It can work on shared hosting, reseller hosting, VPS much better and dedicated server excellent. Post good articles regularly which provides value to users. Try to rank them in a white hat way for long term commitment and you can see the money rolling in.On a side note, i would suggest you not to spread yourself too much, rather take few stuffs at time and try to master it. Just focus on the basics, post articles & create quality backlinks and you can see the fruits of your hard work soon.

If you want to learn more about how to make money with adsense then visit our moderator @Servando's blog Stream SEO - Learn how to make $5,000+ per month with SEO . He has got some very useful information. You might like it.

Mine today is to tell you that you need to be very careful with the AdSense because you can easily get banned if your traffic is not in the right quote. Avoid the rush of monetizing the website first. The initial step is to create the website and after that, you can be able to see how best to increase traffic on the site. With consistent traffic is when you can decide on the way of monetizing the website. This is just to make you be safe and avoid frustrations.

MI
Back